David J Payne
Affiliation: GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development
- Drugs for bad bugs: confronting the challenges of antibacterial discoveryDavid J Payne
Infectious Diseases Centre of Excellence for Drug Discovery, GlaxoSmithKline, 1250 South Collegeville Road, Collegeville, Pennsylvania 19426, USA
Nat Rev Drug Discov 6:29-40. 2007....
- Microbiology. Desperately seeking new antibioticsDavid J Payne
Antibacterial Disease Performance Unit, Infectious Diseases Center of Excellence, GlaxoSmithKline, Collegeville, PA 19426, USA
Science 321:1644-5. 2008
- Genomic approaches to antibacterial discoveryDavid J Payne
Department of Microbiology, Microbial, Musculoskeletal, Proliferative Diseases Centr for Excellence and Drug Discovery, GlaxoSmithKline, Collegeville, PA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 266:231-59. 2004....
- Discovery of aminopyridine-based inhibitors of bacterial enoyl-ACP reductase (FabI)William H Miller
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, 1250 South Collegeville Road, P O Box 5089, Collegeville, PA 19426, USA
J Med Chem 45:3246-56. 2002..Taken together, these results support FabI as a valid antibacterial target and demonstrate the potential of small-molecule FabI inhibitors for the treatment of bacterial infections...
- The potential of bacterial fatty acid biosynthetic enzymes as a source of novel antibacterial agentsDavid J Payne
Department of Microbiology, GlaxoSmithKline, Collegeville, Pennsylvania, USA
Drug News Perspect 17:187-94. 2004..The fatty acid biosynthetic pathway is an essential metabolic process in bacteria and presents several novel targets for antibiotic development...
- Discovery of a novel and potent class of FabI-directed antibacterial agentsDavid J Payne
Microbial, Musculoskeletal and Proliferative Diseases Center of Excellence in Drug Discovery, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, Collegeville, Pennsylvania 19426, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:3118-24. 2002..aureus infections that are resistant to our present armory of antibiotics...
- Indole naphthyridinones as inhibitors of bacterial enoyl-ACP reductases FabI and FabKMark A Seefeld
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, 1250 South Collegeville Road, P O Box 5089, Collegeville, Pennsylvania 19426, USA
J Med Chem 46:1627-35. 2003..The results described herein support the hypothesis that bacterial enoyl-ACP reductases are valid targets for antibacterial agents...
- Defining and combating the mechanisms of triclosan resistance in clinical isolates of Staphylococcus aureusFrank Fan
Microbial, Musculoskeletal and Proliferative Diseases CEDD Computational and Structural Sciences, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, Collegeville, Pennsylvania 19426, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:3343-7. 2002..aureus, and we present three compounds from a novel chemical series of FabI inhibitors which have excellent activities against both triclosan-resistant and -sensitive clinical isolates of S. aureus...
- Identification of antimicrobial targets using a comprehensive genomic approachDezhong Yin
Department of Microbiology, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Research and Development, Collegeville, PA 19462, USA
Pharmacogenomics 5:101-13. 2004..This data demonstrates that a regulated antisense RNA expression library provides an effective tool to assist in the identification of potential targets for novel antibacterial agents...
- Challenges of antibacterial discovery revisitedMichael N Gwynn
Antibacterial Discovery Performance Unit, Infectious Diseases Center of Excellence for Drug Discovery, GlaxoSmithKline, Collegeville, Pennsylvania, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1213:5-19. 2010..Implementing multiple screening and target identification strategies is recommended for improving the likelihood of discovering new antibacterial compounds that address unmet needs...
- Novel antibacterials: a genomics approach to drug discoveryPan F Chan
Department of Microbiology Microbial, Musculoskeletal and Proliferative Diseases CEDD, GlaxoSmithKline, 1250 South Collegeville Road, Collegeville, PA 19426 0989, USA
Curr Drug Targets Infect Disord 2:291-308. 2002..Genomics can also increase the chemical diversity against which the novel targets can be screened...
- Identification of a series of tricyclic natural products as potent broad-spectrum inhibitors of metallo-beta-lactamasesDavid J Payne
Microbial, Musculoskeletal and Proliferative Diseases CEDD UP1345, GlaxoSmithKline, Collegeville, Pennsylvania 19426 0989, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:1880-6. 2002..Consequently, this series of metallo-beta-lactamase inhibitors exhibit the most promising antibacterial synergy activity so far observed against organisms producing metallo-beta-lactamases...
- Characterization of Streptococcus pneumoniae enoyl-(acyl-carrier protein) reductase (FabK)Hedia Marrakchi
Protein Science Division, Department of Infectious Disease, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Biochem J 370:1055-62. 2003..The restricted occurrence of the FabK enoyl-ACP reductase may be related to the role of substrate-independent NADH oxidation in oxygen-dependent anaerobic energy metabolism...