Affiliation: GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development
- Validation of a quantitative magnetic resonance method for measuring human body compositionAntonella Napolitano
Clinical Unit Cambridge, GlaxoSmithKline Clinical Pharmacology and Discovery Medicine, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:191-8. 2008..To evaluate a novel quantitative magnetic resonance (QMR) methodology (EchoMRI-AH, Echo Medical Systems) for measurement of whole-body fat and lean mass in humans...
- Multiple-dose safety, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of the μ-opioid receptor inverse agonist GSK1521498Pradeep J Nathan
GlaxoSmithKline, Clinical Unit Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2GG UK
J Clin Pharmacol 52:1456-67. 2012..These findings provide encouraging safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetic data in support of the continued clinical development of GSK1521498...
- Effects of mu opioid receptor antagonism on cognition in obese binge-eating individualsSamuel R Chamberlain
Clinical Unit Cambridge, GlaxoSmithKline, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge CB0 0QQ, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 224:501-9. 2012..Binge-eating represents a useful model of 'behavioural addiction' for exploring this issue...
- The relationship between fat mass, eating behaviour and obesity-related psychological traits in overweight and obese individualsBarry V O'Neill
Experimental Medicine, GlaxoSmithKline R and D, Clinical Unit Cambridge, UK
Appetite 59:656-61. 2012....
- Quantitative magnetic resonance (QMR) for longitudinal evaluation of body composition changes with two dietary regimensKhin Swe Myint
Institute of Metabolic Science, Metabolic Research Laboratories, Cambridge, UK
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:391-6. 2010..0 and 0.7 kg lower than those obtained with 4C (P = 0.0008) and DXA (P = 0.049), respectively. Measurement precision remained high. QMR measurement should prove valuable for quantifying modest changes of FM in small trials...
- The effects of the TRPV1 antagonist SB-705498 on TRPV1 receptor-mediated activity and inflammatory hyperalgesia in humansBoris A Chizh
Clinical Pharmacology and Discovery Medicine, GlaxoSmithKline, Cambridge and Harlow, UK
Pain 132:132-41. 2007..These data provide the first clinical evidence that a TRPV1 antagonist may alleviate pain and hyperalgesia associated with inflammation and tissue injury...
- Opioid receptor modulation of hedonic taste preference and food intake: a single-dose safety, pharmacokinetic, and pharmacodynamic investigation with GSK1521498, a novel μ-opioid receptor inverse agonistPradeep J Nathan
Clinical Unit Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
J Clin Pharmacol 52:464-74. 2012..These findings provide encouraging data in support of the development of GSK1521498 for the treatment of disorders of maladaptive ingestive behavior or compulsive consumption...
- Neuropsychiatric adverse effects of centrally acting antiobesity drugsPradeep J Nathan
Experimental Medicine, GlaxoSmithKline, Clinical Unit Cambridge, UK
CNS Neurosci Ther 17:490-505. 2011....