Thomas A Kost
Affiliation: GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development
- Recombinant baculoviruses as mammalian cell gene-delivery vectorsThomas A Kost
Gene Expression and Protein Biochemistry, GlaxoSmithKline Discovery Research, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Trends Biotechnol 20:173-80. 2002..These attributes will undoubtedly lead to the increased application and continued development of this system for efficient gene delivery into mammalian cells. Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks?..
- Implementation of BacMam virus gene delivery technology in a drug discovery settingThomas A Kost
Molecular Discovery Research, GlaxoSmithKline, 5 Moore Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Drug Discov Today 12:396-403. 2007..Here, we review the development, full implementation and benefits of this platform-based gene expression technology in support of SAR and HTS assays across GlaxoSmithKline...
- Baculovirus expression vectors for insect and mammalian cellsJ Patrick Condreay
Department of Biological Reagents and Assay Development, GlaxoSmithKline Molecular Discovery Research, 5 Moore Drive, P O Box 13398, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Curr Drug Targets 8:1126-31. 2007..The wide range of applications and potential for commercialization of products leads to consideration of a number of aspects of the system...
- Baculovirus gene delivery: a flexible assay development toolThomas A Kost
GlaxoSmithKline, 5 Moore Drive, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Curr Gene Ther 10:168-73. 2010..This review will focus on the many features of BacMam virus gene delivery that make it a powerful system for cell-based assay development and screening...
- Baculovirus as versatile vectors for protein expression in insect and mammalian cellsThomas A Kost
Gene Expression Protein Biochemistry, GlaxoSmithKline R and D, 5 Moore Drive, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Nat Biotechnol 23:567-75. 2005..Novel vector design and cell engineering approaches will serve to further enhance the value of baculovirus technology...
- Baculoviruses and mammalian cell-based assays for drug screeningJ Patrick Condreay
Department of Gene Expression and Protein Biochemistry GlaxoSmithKline Discovery Research, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Adv Virus Res 68:255-86. 2006
- Recombinant baculoviruses used to study estrogen receptor function in human osteosarcoma cellsWilliam C Clay
Department of Gene Expression and Protein Biochemistry, GlaxoSmithKline Discovery Research, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 3398, USA
Assay Drug Dev Technol 1:801-10. 2003..Our results indicate that BacMam-mediated gene transfer offers a novel and efficient method for delivery of nuclear receptors and associated genes for mammalian cell-based assay development...
- Baculovirus-mediated gene delivery into mammalian cellsRaymond V Merrihew
Department of Assay Development and Compound Profiling, GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
Methods Mol Biol 246:355-65. 2004..Baculovirus-mediated gene delivery is particularly useful for repetitive or moderately high-throughput procedures such as cell-based assays, or for situations where transfection procedures are inadequate...
- BacMam technology and its application to drug discoveryRobert S Ames
Molecular Discovery Research, GlaxoSmithKline R and D, UE0433, 709 Swedeland Road, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA 1 610 270 7602 1 610 270 7359
Expert Opin Drug Discov 2:1669-81. 2007..Although a few pharmaceutical companies have embraced the technology, its use is poised to become more widespread with increased familiarity and the emergence of enabling products based on the BacMam system...
- A cell-based time-resolved fluorescence assay for selection of antibody reagents for G protein-coupled receptor immunohistochemistryJui Lan Su
Department of Gene Expression and Protein Biochemistry, GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development, Five Moore Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
J Immunol Methods 291:123-35. 2004..The celTRF is readily applicable to other protein target classes...
- Identification of peptides that inhibit the DNA binding, trans-activator, and DNA replication functions of the human papillomavirus type 11 E2 proteinSu Jun Deng
Departments of Gene Expression and Protein Biochemistry, GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Virol 78:2637-41. 2004..These peptides may prove to be useful tools for characterizing E2 function and for exploring the effectiveness of E2-inhibitor-based treatments for HPV-associated diseases...
- Influence of promoter choice and trichostatin A treatment on expression of baculovirus delivered genes in mammalian cellsAlexandra Spenger
Institute of Applied Microbiology, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Vienna, Muthgasse 18, A 1190 Vienna, Austria
Protein Expr Purif 38:17-23. 2004..The increase in reporter gene expression observed following BacMam transduction and TSA treatment were greater than those for transfection of either naked viral DNA or plasmid DNA...
- Viruses as gene delivery vectors: application to gene function, target validation, and assay developmentMichael T Lotze
Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, UPMC Health System, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Cancer Gene Ther 9:692-9. 2002..The individual scientists presenting at the meeting illustrated many of the unique and useful characteristics of such vector systems including retrovirus, adenovirus, herpes virus, simbis virus, and baculovirus...
- Biotechnology. Paper AlertTony Cass
Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London, UK
Curr Opin Biotechnol 13:1-8. 2002..A selection of interesting papers that were published in the two months before our press date in major journals most likely to report significant results in biotechnology...