Robert I Grundy
Affiliation: GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development
- The therapeutic potential of the cannabinoids in neuroprotectionRobert I Grundy
Neurology CEDD, GlaxoSmithKline, New Frontiers Science Park North, Coldharbour Road, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5AW, UK
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 11:1365-74. 2002..Our understanding of cannabinoid neurobiology, however, must improve if we are to effectively exploit this system and take advantage of the numerous characteristics that make this group of compounds potential neuroprotective agents...
- A novel behavioural registration system LABORAS and the social interaction paradigm detect long-term functional deficits following middle cerebral artery occlusion in the ratLeann P Quinn
Neurology and GI CEDD, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals, New Frontiers Science Park, Third Avenue, Harlow, Essex CMI9 5AW, UK
Brain Res 1031:118-24. 2005..Transient MCAO in rats may therefore provide a pre-clinical model to investigate agents offering symptomatic relief for ischaemia-induced motor deficits and anxiety over time following injury...
- Wavelet-based cluster analysis: data-driven grouping of voxel time courses with application to perfusion-weighted and pharmacological MRI of the rat brainBrandon Whitcher
Research Statistics Unit, GlaxoSmithKline, Harlow CM19 5AW, United Kingdom
Neuroimage 24:281-95. 2005..Following an acute cocaine challenge, WCA localized subtle differences in the pharmacokinetic profile of the cerebral response. We conclude that WCA provides a robust method for blind analysis of time series image data...
- Time-dependent increase in Nogo-A expression after focal cerebral ischemia in marmoset monkeysAndisheh Eslamboli
Neurology and GI CEDD, GlaxoSmithKline, New Frontiers Science Park North, Third Avenue, Harlow, Essex CM19 5AW, United Kingdom
Neurosci Lett 408:89-93. 2006..Future studies will determine whether this offers the opportunity to promote plasticity by targeting Nogo-A weeks or months following stroke...
- Site-specific actions of interleukin-1 on excitotoxic cell death in the rat striatumRobert I Grundy
Schering Plough Research Institute, San Raffaele Science Park, Via Olgettina 58, 20132 Milan, Italy
Brain Res 926:142-8. 2002..These findings enhance our understanding of the actions of IL-1, and the mechanisms by which it participates in neurodegeneration through both local and long-range effects...
- Neuroprotective properties of the non-peptidyl radical scavenger IAC in rats following transient focal cerebral ischemiaAntti Nurmi
Cerebricon Ltd, Finland
Brain Res 1207:174-81. 2008..6% decrease compared to vehicle. These results demonstrate that IAC has neuroprotective properties with a wide therapeutic window following tMCAO in rats. IAC could therefore be a candidate for the treatment of stroke...