Affiliation: GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development
- Tau therapeutic strategies for the treatment of Alzheimer's diseaseIan Churcher
Department of Discovery Research, GlaxoSmithKline Medicines Research Centre, Stevenage, Herts SG1 2NY, UK
Curr Top Med Chem 6:579-95. 2006..This review will describe the tau-related etiology of Alzheimer's disease and other tauopathies as well as the therapeutic strategies to inhibit the hyperphosphorylation of tau...
- Small-molecule modulation of cellular chaperones to treat protein misfolding disordersLisa A Sloan
Department of Discovery Medicinal Chemistry, GlaxoSmithKline Medicines Research Centre, Stevenage, UK
Curr Opin Drug Discov Devel 12:666-81. 2009....
- gamma-Secretase as a target for drug intervention in Alzheimer's diseaseTimothy Harrison
Merck Sharp and Dohme Research Laboratories, The Neuroscience Research Centre, Terlings Park, Harlow Essex CM20 2QR, UK
Curr Opin Drug Discov Devel 7:709-19. 2004..In this review, progress in the development of small-molecule inhibitors will be described, and potential toxicity issues associated with the development of gamma-secretase inhibitors discussed...
- Gamma-secretase as a therapeutic target for the treatment of Alzheimer's diseaseIan Churcher
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Merck Sharp and Dohme, The Neuroscience Research Centre, Terlings Park, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2QR, UK
Curr Pharm Des 11:3363-82. 2005..In this review we describe the literature regarding the discovery of the nature of gamma-secretase, the development of small molecule inhibitors and their in vivo profiles...
- The novel gamma secretase inhibitor N-[cis-4-[(4-chlorophenyl)sulfonyl]-4-(2,5-difluorophenyl)cyclohexyl]-1,1,1-trifluoromethanesulfonamide (MRK-560) reduces amyloid plaque deposition without evidence of notch-related pathology in the Tg2576 mouseJonathan D Best
Department of In Vivo Neuroscience, Merck Sharp and Dohme, Neurosciene Research Centre, Harlow, UK
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 320:552-8. 2007..An understanding of the mechanisms whereby MRK-560 shows differentiation between the APP and Notch proteolytic pathway of gamma-secretase should provide the basis for the next generation of gamma-secretase inhibitors...