Jennifer B Christian
Affiliation: GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development
- HDL-C Response Variability to Niacin ER in US AdultsJennifer B Christian
GlaxoSmithKline, Clinical Effectiveness and Safety, 5 Moore Drive, B 3116, Durham, NC 27709 3398, USA
Cholesterol 2013:681475. 2013..08, P < 0.001) and females (mean HDL-C effect = 0.10, P = 0.019). Conclusion. Baseline HDL-C levels are the biggest predictor of response to niacin ER treatment for both males and females among the factors evaluated...
- Determining triglyceride reductions needed for clinical impact in severe hypertriglyceridemiaJennifer B Christian
Clinical Effectiveness and Safety, GlaxoSmithKline, Durham, NC Electronic address
Am J Med 127:36-44.e1. 2014..This study evaluates the association between lower follow-up triglyceride levels and incidence of clinical events for patients with severe hypertriglyceridemia...
- Cardiac imaging approaches to evaluate drug-induced myocardial dysfunctionJennifer B Christian
GlaxoSmithKline, Durham, NC, USA
Am Heart J 164:846-55. 2012..We focus on 3 commonly used imaging modalities in the evaluation of cardiac function: echocardiography, magnetic resonance imaging, and radionuclide (nuclear) imaging and highlight areas for future research...
- Clinical and economic benefits observed when follow-up triglyceride levels are less than 500 mg/dL in patients with severe hypertriglyceridemiaJennifer B Christian
Clinical Effectiveness and Safety, GlaxoSmithKline, 5 Moore Drive, B 3116, Durham, NC 27709 3398, USA
J Clin Lipidol 6:450-61. 2012..In this study we investigated the association between patients with severely increased triglycerides whose follow-up triglyceride levels were <500 mg/dL and reduction of important clinical events and associated health care costs...
- Prevalence, characteristics, and risk factors of elevated triglyceride levels in US childrenJennifer B Christian
GlaxoSmithKline, Durham, NC, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 50:1103-9. 2011..Fibrates were the most commonly prescribed triglyceride-lowering agent among children with SHTG, followed by statins and Lovaza...
- Prevalence of severe (500 to 2,000 mg/dl) hypertriglyceridemia in United States adultsJennifer B Christian
Smith Hanley Consulting Group LLC, Durham, NC, USA
Am J Cardiol 107:891-7. 2011..04, 95% CI 1.45 to 6.37), and chronic renal disease (OR 7.32, 95% CI 1.45 to 36.94). In conclusion, SHTG is rare among adults in the United States and the use of pharmacologic intervention is low among those with SHTG...
- Prevalence, clinical characteristics and treatment patterns of low high-density lipoprotein cholesterol in the US population: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2005-2008Jennifer B Christian
GlaxoSmithKline, Worldwide Epidemiology, Durham, North Carolina, USA
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 12:714-22. 2011....
- Right answers, wrong questions in clinical researchRalph I Horwitz
Clinical Effectiveness and Safety, GlaxoSmithKline, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA
Sci Transl Med 6:221fs5. 2014..To ensure that clinical research arrives at the "right" answers to the right questions for patients, studies should be designed to more closely approximate real-world use of therapeutics and devices. ..