Affiliation: GlaxoSmithKline Research and Development
- Fueling open-source drug discovery: 177 small-molecule leads against tuberculosisLluis Ballell
Tres Cantos Medicines Development Campus TCMDC, GlaxoSmithKline GSK, Severo Ochoa 2, Tres Cantos, Madrid, Spain
ChemMedChem 8:313-21. 2013..Two additional drug-discovery-relevant datasets are included: a) a drug-like property analysis reflecting the latest lead-like guidelines and b) an early lead-generation package of the most promising hits within the clusters identified...
- New thiopyrazolo[3,4-d]pyrimidine derivatives as anti-mycobacterial agentsLluis Ballell
Centre for Carbohydrate Chemistry, School of Chemical Sciences and Pharmacy, University of East Anglia, Norwich, NR4 7TJ, UK
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 17:1736-40. 2007..These compounds showed significant anti-mycobacterial activity (MICs down to 2mug/ml) and their potential as significant drug-like leads is substantiated through cytotoxicity evaluation and in silico profiling...
- Tetrahydropyrazolo[1,5-a]pyrimidine-3-carboxamide and N-benzyl-6',7'-dihydrospiro[piperidine-4,4'-thieno[3,2-c]pyran] analogues with bactericidal efficacy against Mycobacterium tuberculosis targeting MmpL3Modesto J Remuiñán
Diseases of the Developing World, GlaxoSmithKline, Tres Cantos, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 8:e60933. 2013..In vivo efficacy evaluation of two optimized THPP and Spiro leads showed how the compounds were able to reduce >2 logs bacterial cfu counts in the lungs of infected mice...
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis Gyrase Inhibitors as a New Class of Antitubercular DrugsDelia Blanco
Diseases of the Developing World, GSK, Severo Ochoa 2, Tres Cantos, Madrid, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 59:1868-75. 2015..The remarkable in vitro and in vivo antitubercular profiles showed by the hits has prompted us to further advance the MGI project to full lead optimization. ..
- 4-Substituted thioquinolines and thiazoloquinolines: potent, selective, and Tween-80 in vitro dependent families of antitubercular agents with moderate in vivo activityJaime Escribano
Diseases of the Developing World DDW, Tres Cantos Medicines Development Campus TCMDC, GlaxoSmithKline, Severo Ochoa 2, 28760 Tres Cantos Madrid, Spain
ChemMedChem 6:2252-63. 2011..Although the final compounds showed only limited levels of systemic exposure in mice, modest levels of efficacy in vivo at nontoxic doses were observed...
- Synthesis and evaluation of mimetics of UDP and UDP-alpha-D-galactose, dTDP and dTDP-alpha-D-glucose with monosaccharides replacing the key pyrophosphate unitLluis Ballell
Centre for Carbohydrate Chemistry, School of Chemical Sciences and Pharmacy, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK NR4 7TJ
Org Biomol Chem 3:1109-15. 2005..These compounds proved not to be inhibitors of bovine beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase although some showed moderate inhibition of Salmonella dTDP-alpha-D-glucose 4,6-dehydratase (RmlB)...
- New small-molecule synthetic antimycobacterialsLluis Ballell
Pharmaceutical Sciences Faculty, Medicinal Chemistry Group, Sorbonnelaan 16, Utrecht University, Utrecht 3584 CA, The Netherlands
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:2153-63. 2005
- A new chemical probe for the detection of the cancer-linked galectin-3Lluis Ballell
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht University, PO Box 80082, 3508 TB, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Org Biomol Chem 4:4387-94. 2006..Introduction of a fluorescent label via'click' chemistry allows the labelled proteins to be visualized in a gel. With the probe, selective visualization of galectin-3 in protein mixtures was shown and remarkably even in cell lysates...