Justin M Glasgow
- Impacts of organizational context on quality improvementJustin M Glasgow
Iowa City VA Healthcare System, Iowa City, IA 52246 2208, USA
Am J Med Qual 28:196-205. 2013..A key area for future research is to understand the challenges faced as QI teams transition from improving care to sustaining quality and to ascertain what organizational characteristics can best overcome those challenges...
- Findings from a national improvement collaborative: are improvements sustained?Justin M Glasgow
The Comprehensive Access and Delivery Research and Evaluation CADRE Center, Iowa City VA Healthcare System, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
BMJ Qual Saf 21:663-9. 2012..This study examines whether hospitals participating in a Veterans Health Affairs QI collaborative have made and then sustained improvements...
- Leaving against medical advice (AMA): risk of 30-day mortality and hospital readmissionJustin M Glasgow
The Center for Research in the Implementation of Innovative Strategies in Practice CRIISP at the Iowa City VA Medical Center, 601 Highway 6 West, Mailstop 152, Iowa, IA 52246 2208, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:926-9. 2010..With 1-2% of patients leaving the hospital against medical advice (AMA), the potential for these patients to suffer adverse health outcomes is of major concern...
- Guiding inpatient quality improvement: a systematic review of Lean and Six SigmaJustin M Glasgow
Center for Research in the Implementation of Innovative Strategies in Practice, Iowa City Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 36:533-40. 2010..A systematic literature review was conducted to determine whether Lean, Six Sigma, or Lean Sigma have been effectively used to create and sustain improvements in the acute care setting...
- Associations between reduced hospital length of stay and 30-day readmission rate and mortality: 14-year experience in 129 Veterans Affairs hospitalsPeter J Kaboli
Veterans Rural Health Resource Center Central Region, Iowa City Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Center for Comprehensive Access and Delivery Research and Evaluation at the Iowa City Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, Iowa City, Iowa 52246, USA
Ann Intern Med 157:837-45. 2012..Reducing length of stay (LOS) has been a priority for hospitals and health care systems. However, there is concern that this reduction may result in increased hospital readmissions...
- Identifying medication misadventures: poor agreement among medical record, physician, nurse, and patient reportsPeter J Kaboli
Center for Research in the Implementation of Innovative Strategies in Practice CRIISP, Iowa City Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and the Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Pharmacotherapy 30:529-38. 2010..To analyze and compare four different methods of detecting medication misadventures in order to determine the optimal system for reporting clinically observed medication misadventures...