- Prospective randomized trial of emtricitabine versus lamivudine short-term monotherapy in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patientsFranck S Rousseau
Triangle Pharmaceuticals, Durham, North Carolina 27717, USA
J Infect Dis 188:1652-8. 2003..The long plasma half-life and the superior antiviral activity versus 3TC of the 200 mg/day FTC dose confirmed the results of other studies and led to the selection of this dose for subsequent therapeutic trials...
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic characteristics of emtricitabine support its once daily dosing for the treatment of HIV infectionLaurene H Wang
Gilead Sciences, Inc, Durham, North Carolina 27709, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 20:1173-82. 2004..HIV RNA suppression (PD) correlates well with PBMC FTC-5'-TP levels (PK), both reaching a plateau at doses > or = 200 mg/day. The PK and PD characteristics of FTC demonstrate that it is a once daily nucleoside RT inhibitor...
- Reproductive toxicology profile of emtricitabine in mice and rabbitsGeorge M Szczech
Triangle Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 4611 University Drive, PO Box 50530, Durham, NC 27717, USA
Reprod Toxicol 17:95-108. 2003..The development and fertility of F(1) progeny were unaffected by emtricitabine in a mouse pre- and post-natal study. These data demonstrate a favorable pre-clinical reproductive safety profile for emtricitabine...
- Intracellular pharmacology of emtricitabine and tenofovirRobert C Stevens
Clin Infect Dis 39:877-8; author reply 878-9. 2004
- Short-term safety and pharmacodynamics of amdoxovir in HIV-infected patientsMelanie A Thompson
AIDS Research Consortium of Atlanta, Georgia, USA
AIDS 19:1607-15. 2005..To evaluate the pharmacodynamics and safety of escalating doses of amdoxovir (DAPD) monotherapy administered to treatment-naive and experienced HIV-1-infected patients over 15 days...