Calvin B Harley
Affiliation: Geron Corporation
- Telomerase and cancer therapeuticsCalvin B Harley
Geron Corporation, 230 Constitution Drive, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 8:167-79. 2008..The prospect of adding telomerase-based therapies to the growing list of new anticancer products is promising, but what are the advantages and limitations of different approaches, and which patients are the most likely to respond?..
- Telomerase is not an oncogeneCalvin B Harley
Geron Corporation, Menlo Park, California, CA 94025, USA
Oncogene 21:494-502. 2002....
- Telomerase therapeutics for degenerative diseasesCalvin B Harley
Geron Corporation, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Curr Mol Med 5:205-11. 2005..Thus, pharmacological activation of telomerase has significant potential for the treatment of a broad spectrum of chronic or degenerative diseases...
- Telomerase antagonists GRN163 and GRN163L inhibit tumor growth and increase chemosensitivity of human hepatomaMeta W Djojosubroto
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Endocrinology, Medical School Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Hepatology 42:1127-36. 2005..In addition to limiting the proliferative capacity of hepatoma, GRN163L might also increase the sensitivity of this tumor type to conventional chemotherapy...
- A natural product telomerase activator as part of a health maintenance programCalvin B Harley
Geron Corporation, Menlo Park, California, USA
Rejuvenation Res 14:45-56. 2011..Controlled randomized trials are planned to assess TA-65®-specific effects in humans...
- Cancer treatment by telomerase inhibitors: predictions by a kinetic modelIgor A Sidorov
National Cancer Institute, NCI Frederick, NIH, PO Box B, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
Math Biosci 181:209-21. 2003..Size distribution of telomeres and tumor doubling times are of critical importance for the dynamics of tumor growth in presence of telomerase inhibitors...
- Cancer cell dynamics in presence of telomerase inhibitors: analysis of in vitro dataIgor A Sidorov
National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bldg 469, PO Box B, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
J Theor Biol 219:225-33. 2002..Rapidly growing cells with large telomeric DNA heterogeneity and small proliferating fractions as well as those with very short homogeneous telomeres would be the most sensitive to telomerase inhibitors...
- Adenoviral human telomerase reverse transcriptase dramatically improves ischemic wound healing without detrimental immune response in an aged rabbit modelJon E Mogford
Wound Healing Research Laboratory, Department of Surgery, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Hum Gene Ther 17:651-60. 2006..We conclude that Ad-hTERT is an effective and novel approach to treating the ischemic wounds of elderly patients...
- Telomerase is required to slow telomere shortening and extend replicative lifespan of HSCs during serial transplantationRichard C Allsopp
Beckman Center, Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA, USA
Blood 102:517-20. 2003....
- Effect of TERT over-expression on the long-term transplantation capacity of hematopoietic stem cellsRichard C Allsopp
Nat Med 9:369-71. 2003
- Lipid modification of GRN163, an N3'-->P5' thio-phosphoramidate oligonucleotide, enhances the potency of telomerase inhibitionBrittney Shea Herbert
Department of Cell Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9039, USA
Oncogene 24:5262-8. 2005..These results suggest that the lipid-conjugated thio-phosphoramidates could be important for improved pharmacodynamics of telomerase inhibitors in cancer therapy...
- Telomere length assessment in tissue sections by quantitative FISH: image analysis algorithmsJacintha N O'Sullivan
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7705, USA
Cytometry A 58:120-31. 2004..Quantitative methods to assess telomere lengths are essential to understanding how telomere dynamics play a role in these processes...
- A novel telomerase template antagonist (GRN163) as a potential anticancer agentAkira Asai
Kyowa Hakko Kogyo, Ltd, Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Shizuoka 411 8731, Japan
Cancer Res 63:3931-9. 2003..These data demonstrate that GRN163 has significant potential for additional development as an anticancer agent...
- The aging factor in health and disease: the promise of basic research on agingRobert N Butler
International Longevity Center USA, Alliance for Health and the Future, and Department of Geriatrics, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10028, USA
Aging Clin Exp Res 16:104-11; discussion 111-2. 2004