JANIE H WILSON
Affiliation: Georgia Southern University
- Early postnatal alcohol exposure in rats: maternal behavior and estradiol levelsJ H Wilson
Psychology Department, Georgia Southern University, Statesboro 30460, USA
Physiol Behav 59:287-93. 1996..As estradiol is important for the onset of maternal behavior in adult rats, it may be that the alcohol-induced decrease in estradiol levels underlies the deficit in maternal behavior exhibited by alcohol-exposed rats...
- Prolactin levels in juvenile and adult rats following acute restraint and the open fieldJ H Wilson
Georgia Southern University, Department of Psychology, Statesboro 30460, USA
Physiol Behav 68:383-7. 2000..This may be explained by the psychological response to the open field when it directly followed the physical stressor of acute restraint...
- Prolactin in rats is attenuated by conspecific touch in a novel environmentJ H Wilson
Department of Psychology, Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, GA 30460, USA
Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci 1:199-205. 2001..Touch was necessary to reduce stress as measured by prolactin levels...
- Social buffering in rats: prolactin attenuation of active interactionSalvatore P Insana
Georgia Southern University, USA
Psychol Rep 103:77-87. 2008..Social interaction decreased fear independent of the distraction provided by a stimulus in the chamber. Active touch appeared to be crucial for social buffering to occur...
- Social buffering by God: prayer and measures of stressJennifer N Belding
Psychology Department, Georgia Southern University, P O Box 8041, Statesboro, GA 30460, USA
J Relig Health 49:179-87. 2010..Prayer alone did not significantly reduce stress, perhaps because the majority of students in the prayer condition did not consider reading a prayer to constitute praying...
- Impact of a Littermate on Psychological Stress in RatsJanie Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Each animal model will serve as a foundation to build an understanding of responses to stress and social buffering, particularly in nonverbal populations such as children, the aged, and adults with brain injuries. ..