Affiliation: Georgia Institute of Technology
- Behavioral profiles of affected and unaffected siblings of children with autism: contribution of measures of mother-infant interaction and nonverbal communicationAgata Rozga
Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 41:287-301. 2011..However, by 12 months, infants in the ASD group exhibited lower rates of joint attention and requesting behaviors. In contrast, NoASD-sibs did not differ from comparison infants on any variables of interest at 6 and 12 months...
- Imitation from 12 to 24 months in autism and typical development: a longitudinal Rasch analysisGregory S Young
Medical Investigation of Neurodevelopmental Disorders M I N D Institute, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Dev Psychol 47:1565-78. 2011....
- Play and developmental outcomes in infant siblings of children with autismLisa Christensen
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 1237 Franz Hall, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1563, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 40:946-57. 2010..Group differences disappeared with the inclusion of verbal mental age. Play as an early indicator of autism and its relationship to the broader autism phenotype is discussed...
- Response to distress in infants at risk for autism: a prospective longitudinal studyTed Hutman
UCLA Center for Autism Research and Treatment, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1759, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 51:1010-20. 2010..This deficit is expected to disrupt social interactions, social learning, and the formation of close relationships. Response to distress has not been evaluated previously in infants with ASD earlier than 18 months of age...
- Early detection of core deficits in autismMarian Sigman
University of California at Los Angeles, Psychiatry Biobehavioral Sci Psych Dev, Box 95175759, 68 237 NPI, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Ment Retard Dev Disabil Res Rev 10:221-33. 2004..The review concludes that all of these areas are worthy of investigation in young children, particularly those at higher risk of showing some of the core deficits of autism such as the infant siblings of children with autism...