- The diffusion and impact of clean indoor air lawsMichael P Eriksen
Institute of Public Health, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA 30302, USA
Annu Rev Public Health 29:171-85. 2008..The diffusion of clean indoor air laws is spreading rapidly throughout the world, stimulated by the first global health treaty, the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control...
- Trends in abdominal obesity in young people: United States 1988-2002Ike S Okosun
Institute of Public Health, Georgia State University, P O Box 3995, Atlanta, GA 30302 3995, USA
Ethn Dis 16:338-44. 2006..To determine the prevalence and trends of abdominal obesity from 1988-1994 to 1999-2002 in American White, Black, and Hispanic youths...
- Comparison of serum cotinine concentration within and across smokers of menthol and nonmenthol cigarette brands among non-Hispanic black and non-Hispanic white U.S. adult smokers, 2001-2006Ralph S Caraballo
Office on Smoking and Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 20:1329-40. 2011..There are many pharmacologic properties of menthol that may facilitate exposure to tobacco smoke, and it has been suggested that the preference for menthol cigarettes in black smokers accounts for their higher cotinine levels...
- For the patient. Children's waist size found to increase from 1988 to 2002Ike S Okosun
Ethn Dis 16:591. 2006
- The effect of the market opening on trends in smoking rates in TaiwanChih Cheng Hsu
Division of Health Policy Research, National Health Research Institutes, Taipei, Taiwan
Health Policy 74:69-76. 2005..To examine smoking rates before and after the opening of the market to foreign imports...