Kuk Jeong Chin
Affiliation: Georgia State University
- Quantifying expression of a dissimilatory (bi)sulfite reductase gene in petroleum-contaminated marine harbor sedimentsKuk Jeong Chin
Department of Microbiology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Microb Ecol 55:489-99. 2008..Furthermore, it may only be possible to use dsrA transcript levels to compare the relative rates of sulfate reduction in sediments when sulfate concentrations, and possibly other environmental conditions, are comparable...
- Direct correlation between rates of anaerobic respiration and levels of mRNA for key respiratory genes in Geobacter sulfurreducensKuk Jeong Chin
Department of Microbiology, University of Massachusetts, Morrill Science Center IV North, 639 North Pleasant St, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:5183-9. 2004....
- Genome sequence of the deltaproteobacterial strain NaphS2 and analysis of differential gene expression during anaerobic growth on naphthaleneRaymond J DiDonato
Microbiology Department, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS ONE 5:e14072. 2010..To further characterize pathways involved in naphthalene degradation in NaphS2, the draft genome was sequenced, and gene and protein expression examined...
- Acetoclastic and hydrogenotrophic methane production and methanogenic populations in an acidic West-Siberian peat bogOleg R Kotsyurbenko
Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology, Karl von Frisch Str, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Environ Microbiol 6:1159-73. 2004..Our results show that both hydrogenotrophic and acetoclastic methanogenesis are an integral part of the CH4-producing pathway in acidic peat and were represented by appropriate methanogenic populations...
- Functional diversity and electron donor dependence of microbial populations capable of U(VI) reduction in radionuclide-contaminated subsurface sedimentsDenise M Akob
Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida 32306, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:3159-70. 2008..Our results show that the functional diversity of populations capable of U(VI) reduction is dependent upon the choice of electron donor...
- Propionate formation by Opitutus terrae in pure culture and in mixed culture with a hydrogenotrophic methanogen and implications for carbon fluxes in anoxic rice paddy soilKuk Jeong Chin
Max Planck Institut fur terrestrische Mikrobiologie, D 35043 Marburg, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:2089-92. 2002..The associated shift away from propionate formation observed in these cultures helps to reconcile the disparity between microbiological and biogeochemical studies...
- Community analysis of methanogenic archaea within a riparian flooding gradientDana Kemnitz
, Karl-von-Frisch-Str, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Environ Microbiol 6:449-61. 2004..Methanosaetaceae, in particular, seem to be adapted (or proliferate at) to low acetate concentrations...
- Retrieval of first genome data for rice cluster I methanogens by a combination of cultivation and molecular techniquesChristoph Erkel
, Marburg, Germany
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 53:187-204. 2005..Trees exemplarily computed for the deduced amino acid sequences of eIF2a, dnaG, and priA corroborated a specific phylogenetic association of RC-I with the Methanosarcinales...