Arnold L Potosky
Affiliation: Georgetown University
- Use of colony-stimulating factors with chemotherapy: opportunities for cost savings and improved outcomesArnold L Potosky
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University, 3300 Whitehaven St NW, Ste 4100, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:979-82. 2011..This finding suggests that policies to decrease CSF use in patients at lower or intermediate risk of FN may yield substantial cost savings without compromising patient outcomes...
- Differences between primary care physicians' and oncologists' knowledge, attitudes and practices regarding the care of cancer survivorsArnold L Potosky
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Cancer Control Program, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Gen Intern Med 26:1403-10. 2011..However, data are limited regarding these physicians' views of cancer survivors' care...
- Patient-physician communication about health-related quality-of-life problems: are non-Hodgkin lymphoma survivors willing to talk?Neeraj K Arora
Neeraj K Arora, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD Roxanne E Jensen, Nadiyah Sulayman, and Arnold L Potosky, Georgetown University, Washington, DC and Ann S Hamilton, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
J Clin Oncol 31:3964-70. 2013..To investigate non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) survivors' willingness to discuss health-related quality-of-life (HRQOL) problems with their follow-up care physician...
- Effectiveness of primary androgen-deprivation therapy for clinically localized prostate cancerArnold L Potosky
Arnold L Potosky, Huei Ting Tsai, George Luta, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC Reina Haque, Kaiser Permanente Southern California, Pasadena Stephen K Van Den Eeden, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, Oakland, CA Andrea E Cassidy Bushrow, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI Marianne Ulcickas Yood, Boston University School of Public Health Nancy L Keating, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School Matthew R Smith, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA Miao Jiang, Harvey L Neiman Health Policy Institute, Reston, VA
J Clin Oncol 32:1324-30. 2014..Given the widespread use of PADT and the potential risks of serious adverse effects, accurate mortality data are needed to inform treatment decisions...
- Physician self-reported treatment of brain metastases according to patients' clinical and demographic factors and physician practice settingMarie Adele S Kress
Department of Radiation Oncology, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3800 Reservoir Road, Washington, d, C, USA
Radiat Oncol 7:188. 2012..Limited data guide radiotherapy choices for patients with brain metastases. This survey aimed to identify patient, physician, and practice setting variables associated with reported preferences for different treatment techniques...
- Efficacy of intermittent androgen deprivation therapy vs conventional continuous androgen deprivation therapy for advanced prostate cancer: a meta-analysisHuei Ting Tsai
Department of Oncology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Urology 82:327-33. 2013....
- Health-related quality of life among survivors of aggressive non-Hodgkin lymphomaRoxanne E Jensen
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Cancer 119:672-80. 2013..Patients with aggressive NHL receive intense medical treatments that can significantly compromise health-related quality of life (HRQOL). However, knowledge of HRQOL and its correlates among survivors of aggressive NHL is limited...