Arnold L Potosky
Affiliation: Georgetown University
- Use of colony-stimulating factors with chemotherapy: opportunities for cost savings and improved outcomesArnold L Potosky
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University, 3300 Whitehaven St NW, Ste 4100, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:979-82. 2011..This finding suggests that policies to decrease CSF use in patients at lower or intermediate risk of FN may yield substantial cost savings without compromising patient outcomes...
- Differences between primary care physicians' and oncologists' knowledge, attitudes and practices regarding the care of cancer survivorsArnold L Potosky
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Cancer Control Program, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Gen Intern Med 26:1403-10. 2011..However, data are limited regarding these physicians' views of cancer survivors' care...
- Risk of diabetes among patients receiving primary androgen deprivation therapy for clinically localized prostate cancerHuei Ting Tsai
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC Electronic address
J Urol 193:1956-62. 2015....
- Patient-physician communication about health-related quality-of-life problems: are non-Hodgkin lymphoma survivors willing to talk?Neeraj K Arora
Neeraj K Arora, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD Roxanne E Jensen, Nadiyah Sulayman, and Arnold L Potosky, Georgetown University, Washington, DC and Ann S Hamilton, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
J Clin Oncol 31:3964-70. 2013..To investigate non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) survivors' willingness to discuss health-related quality-of-life (HRQOL) problems with their follow-up care physician...
- Effectiveness of primary androgen-deprivation therapy for clinically localized prostate cancerArnold L Potosky
Arnold L Potosky, Huei Ting Tsai, George Luta, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC Reina Haque, Kaiser Permanente Southern California, Pasadena Stephen K Van Den Eeden, Kaiser Permanente Northern California, Oakland, CA Andrea E Cassidy Bushrow, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI Marianne Ulcickas Yood, Boston University School of Public Health Nancy L Keating, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School Matthew R Smith, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA Miao Jiang, Harvey L Neiman Health Policy Institute, Reston, VA
J Clin Oncol 32:1324-30. 2014..Given the widespread use of PADT and the potential risks of serious adverse effects, accurate mortality data are needed to inform treatment decisions...
- Did changes in drug reimbursement after the medicare modernization act affect chemotherapy prescribing?Mark C Hornbrook
Mark C Hornbrook, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, Portland, OR Jennifer Malin, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA Jane C Weeks and Nancy L Keating, Harvard Medical School Jane C Weeks, Dana Farber Cancer Institute Nancy L Keating, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston MA and Solomon B Makgoeng and Arnold L Potosky, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC
J Clin Oncol 32:4042-9. 2014..We assessed how this policy affected chemotherapy in FFS settings versus in integrated health networks (IHNs)...
- Physician self-reported treatment of brain metastases according to patients' clinical and demographic factors and physician practice settingMarie Adele S Kress
Department of Radiation Oncology, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3800 Reservoir Road, Washington, d, C, USA
Radiat Oncol 7:188. 2012..Limited data guide radiotherapy choices for patients with brain metastases. This survey aimed to identify patient, physician, and practice setting variables associated with reported preferences for different treatment techniques...
- Utilization of bevacizumab in US elderly patients with colorectal cancer receiving chemotherapyAlex Z Fu
Cancer Prevention and Control Program, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
J Oncol Pharm Pract 20:332-40. 2014..This study evaluated the utilization of bevacizumab among elderly metastatic colorectal cancer patients in the United States...
- Review of electronic patient-reported outcomes systems used in cancer clinical careRoxanne E Jensen
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and the Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD Duke Comprehensive Cancer Center, Duke University Medical Center, Durham Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC and Health Outcomes Group, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
J Oncol Pract 10:e215-22. 2014....
- Efficacy of intermittent androgen deprivation therapy vs conventional continuous androgen deprivation therapy for advanced prostate cancer: a meta-analysisHuei Ting Tsai
Department of Oncology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Urology 82:327-33. 2013....
- Health-related quality of life among survivors of aggressive non-Hodgkin lymphomaRoxanne E Jensen
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Cancer 119:672-80. 2013..Patients with aggressive NHL receive intense medical treatments that can significantly compromise health-related quality of life (HRQOL). However, knowledge of HRQOL and its correlates among survivors of aggressive NHL is limited...