Affiliation: Georgetown University
- Association of Rad51 polymorphism with DNA repair in BRCA1 mutation carriers and sporadic breast cancer riskLuisel J Ricks-Santi
Howard University Cancer Center, 2041 Georgia Ave, NW Washington, DC 20060, USA
BMC Cancer 11:278. 2011..Here, we explore the relationships between the MSA and the Rad51 gene, which encodes a DNA repair enzyme that interacts with BRCA1 and BRCA2, in BRCA1 mutation carriers and women with sporadic breast cancer...
- FGFR2 intronic SNPs and breast cancer risk: associations with tumor characteristics and interactions with exogenous exposures and other known breast cancer risk factorsCatalin Marian
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057 1465, USA
Int J Cancer 129:702-12. 2011..Although these results require further replication, they may provide new insight into the possible new exposures that may interact with FGFR2 susceptibility alleles...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms in uracil-processing genes, intake of one-carbon nutrients and breast cancer riskC Marian
Carcinogenesis, Biomarkers and Epidemiology Program, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057 1465, USA
Eur J Clin Nutr 65:683-9. 2011..We investigated whether any of these SNPs are associated with an altered risk of developing breast cancer and if one-carbon nutrients intake can modify their effects...
- MicroRNA-9 as potential biomarker for breast cancer local recurrence and tumor estrogen receptor statusXin Zhou
Cancer Prevention and Control Program, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e39011. 2012..02). Expression levels of miR-9 and another miR candidate, miR-375, were also strongly associated with ER status (p<0.001 for both). The potential of miR-9 as a biomarker for LR warrants further investigation with larger sample size...
- Reconciling human smoking behavior and machine smoking patterns: implications for understanding smoking behavior and the impact on laboratory studiesCatalin Marian
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057 1465, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:3305-20. 2009..The goal of this review is to critically evaluate methods to assess human smoking behavior and replicate this in the laboratory...