Affiliation: Georgetown University
- Association of Rad51 polymorphism with DNA repair in BRCA1 mutation carriers and sporadic breast cancer riskLuisel J Ricks-Santi
Howard University Cancer Center, 2041 Georgia Ave, NW Washington, DC 20060, USA
BMC Cancer 11:278. 2011..Here, we explore the relationships between the MSA and the Rad51 gene, which encodes a DNA repair enzyme that interacts with BRCA1 and BRCA2, in BRCA1 mutation carriers and women with sporadic breast cancer...
- FGFR2 intronic SNPs and breast cancer risk: associations with tumor characteristics and interactions with exogenous exposures and other known breast cancer risk factorsCatalin Marian
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057 1465, USA
Int J Cancer 129:702-12. 2011..Although these results require further replication, they may provide new insight into the possible new exposures that may interact with FGFR2 susceptibility alleles...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms in uracil-processing genes, intake of one-carbon nutrients and breast cancer riskC Marian
Carcinogenesis, Biomarkers and Epidemiology Program, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057 1465, USA
Eur J Clin Nutr 65:683-9. 2011..We investigated whether any of these SNPs are associated with an altered risk of developing breast cancer and if one-carbon nutrients intake can modify their effects...
- BRCA1 polymorphisms and breast cancer epidemiology in the Western New York exposures and breast cancer (WEB) studyLuisel J Ricks-Santi
National Human Genome Center at Howard University, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Genet Epidemiol 37:504-11. 2013..08-4.93). The BRCA1 variants studied may play a role in the etiology of triple negative breast cancer and may interact with environmental factors such as hormone therapy or smoking and increase sporadic breast cancer risk...
- Circulatory miR-628-5p is downregulated in prostate cancer patientsAnvesha Srivastava
Cancer Research Laboratory, Department of Biology, Chemistry and Physics, University of the District of Columbia, 4200 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, DC, 20008, USA
Tumour Biol 35:4867-73. 2014..Our results demonstrate that the three miRNAs, particularly miR-628-5p, may be further developed as a biomarker, which can serve as novel noninvasive biomarker for PCa diagnosis and prognosis. ..
- SYK allelic loss and the role of Syk-regulated genes in breast cancer survivalJan Blancato
Department of Oncology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, D C, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e87610. 2014..A closer examination of the role of Syk interacting motility and invasion genes and their prognostic and/or causative association with metastatic disease and patient outcome is warranted. ..
- MicroRNA-9 as potential biomarker for breast cancer local recurrence and tumor estrogen receptor statusXin Zhou
Cancer Prevention and Control Program, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e39011. 2012..02). Expression levels of miR-9 and another miR candidate, miR-375, were also strongly associated with ER status (p<0.001 for both). The potential of miR-9 as a biomarker for LR warrants further investigation with larger sample size...
- Reconciling human smoking behavior and machine smoking patterns: implications for understanding smoking behavior and the impact on laboratory studiesCatalin Marian
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057 1465, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:3305-20. 2009..The goal of this review is to critically evaluate methods to assess human smoking behavior and replicate this in the laboratory...