Affiliation: Georgetown University
- MRI-Based evaluation of locus and extent of neurotoxic lesions in monkeysL Malkova
Department of Pharmacology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Hippocampus 11:361-70. 2001..These MRI-based methods thus provide an accurate in vivo evaluation of the locus and extent of neurotoxic lesions. Application of these methods can ensure that each animal in the experiment is used effectively...
- One-trial memory for object-place associations after separate lesions of hippocampus and posterior parahippocampal region in the monkeyLudise Malkova
Department of Pharmacology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Neurosci 23:1956-65. 2003....
- Longitudinal magnetic resonance imaging study of rhesus monkey brain developmentL Malkova
Department of Pharmacology, Georgetown University, 900 Reservoir Road, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Eur J Neurosci 24:3204-12. 2006..The most rapid growth in both total brain volume and white matter from birth to approximately 4 months is consistent with the emergence of various cognitive abilities in macaques at that age...
- Long-term effects of neonatal medial temporal ablations on socioemotional behavior in monkeys (Macaca mulatta)Ludise Malkova
National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Behav Neurosci 124:742-60. 2010..The finding that neonatal AH lesions produce more severe socioemotional disturbances than the same lesion in adulthood is the reverse of the effect commonly reported for other cognitive functions after cerebral damage...
- The effects of huperzine A and IDRA 21 on visual recognition memory in young macaquesLudise Malkova
Department of Pharmacology and the Interdisciplinary Program in Neuroscience, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3900 Reservoir Rd NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Neuropharmacology 60:1262-8. 2011..This finding supports the potential use of this drug in treatment of cognitive and memory disorders. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled 'Trends in neuropharmacology: in memory of Erminio Costa'...
- Neurotoxic lesions of perirhinal cortex impair visual recognition memory in rhesus monkeysL Malkova
Department of Pharmacology, Georgetown University Medical Center, W217 TRB 3950 Reservoir Rd NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Neuroreport 12:1913-7. 2001..The finding demonstrates that damage limited to perirhinal neurons is sufficient to impair visual memory and that damage to fibers of passage neither caused nor exacerbated the effect described initially...
- Effects of aspiration versus neurotoxic lesions of the amygdala on emotional responses in monkeysM Meunier
Laboratory of Neuropsychology, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Eur J Neurosci 11:4403-18. 1999....
- A visual, position-independent instrumental reinforcer devaluation task for ratsElizabeth A West
Interdisciplinary Program in Neuroscience, Georgetown University, 3970 Reservoir Rd NW, Washington, DC 20007, United States
J Neurosci Methods 194:297-304. 2011..Discrimination of the visual cues is not aided by spatial cues, thereby eliminating a major difference between the instrumental tasks used in rats and the task used in monkeys...
- Effects of hippocampal lesions on the monkey's ability to learn large sets of object-place associationsAnnabelle M Belcher
Laboratory of Neuropsychology, NIMH, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Hippocampus 16:361-7. 2006....