Helain J Landy
Affiliation: Georgetown University
- Characteristics associated with severe perineal and cervical lacerations during vaginal deliveryHelain J Landy
of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Georgetown University Hospital, MedStar Health, Washington, DC 20007 2110, USA
Obstet Gynecol 117:627-35. 2011..To characterize potentially modifiable risk factors for third- or fourth-degree perineal lacerations and cervical lacerations in a contemporary U.S. obstetric practice...
- Role of transvaginal sonographic cervical length in predicting spontaneous preterm delivery in triplet pregnancies with therapeutic cerclageSarah H Poggi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Georgetown University Hospital, 3800 Reservoir Road, NW 3PHC, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Reprod Med 48:785-8. 2003..To assess the role of transvaginal sonographic cervical length in predicting spontaneous preterm delivery at < 32 weeks in patients with both triplet pregnancy and therapeutic cerclage...
- The impact of first-trimester screening on AMA patients' uptake of invasive testingAndrea M Wray
Georgetown University Hospital, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington, District of Columbia 20007 2119, USA
Prenat Diagn 25:350-3. 2005..We sought to determine the effects of first-trimester screening (FTS) on referrals for genetic counseling and patients' decisions to pursue invasive testing after FTS was offered in 2002...
- Thyroid hormone levels associated with active and passive cigarette smokingOffie P Soldin
Department of Oncology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, District of Columbia 20057, USA
Thyroid 19:817-23. 2009..We use a comprehensive approach to assess the interrelationships between active and passive tobacco smoke exposure and thyroid hormone levels by employing innovative hormone analysis techniques...
- Longitudinal comparison of thyroxine pharmacokinetics between pregnant and nonpregnant women: a stable isotope studyOffie P Soldin
Department of Medicine, Oncology, Physiology and Biophysics, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Ther Drug Monit 32:767-73. 2010..Future work should focus on the mechanisms responsible for the gestational differences in pharmacokinetics and whether these should necessitate dose schedule changes in pregnancy...
- Risk factors for pulmonary edema in triplet pregnanciesSarah H Poggi
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Georgetown University Hospital, 3PHC, 3800 Reservoir Road, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Perinatol 23:462-5. 2003..Multiple gestations are known to be at increased risk for pulmonary edema. Our objective was to characterize this morbidity in a cohort of triplet pregnancies...
- Intrauterine head entrapment of a second twin by a uterine synechiaShad H Deering
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Obstet Gynecol 102:693-5. 2003..Fetal head entrapment during delivery is a rare occurrence in modern obstetrics. We present a case of intrauterine head entrapment of a second twin by a uterine synechia diagnosed by ultrasound and subsequent complications that occurred...