ALEXEI D KONDRATYEV
Affiliation: Georgetown University
- Electroconvulsive shock exposure prevents neuronal apoptosis after kainic acid-evoked status epilepticusA Kondratyev
Department of Pharmacology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 91:1-13. 2001....
- Status epilepticus leads to the degradation of the endogenous inhibitor of caspase-activated DNase in ratsAlexei Kondratyev
Department of Pharmacology, Georgetown University Medical Center, The Research Building, Room W217, 3970 Reservoir Road, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Neurosci Lett 319:145-8. 2002..Our results support the proposal that CAD participates in caspase-3-mediated internucleosomal DNA fragmentation in the aftermath of SE...
- Latency to onset of status epilepticus determines molecular mechanisms of seizure-induced cell deathAlexei Kondratyev
Department of Pharmacology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 121:86-94. 2004..It is possible that the absence of such "preconditioning" period in short-latency SE favors predominantly necrotic profile...
- Phosphorylation of histone H2A.X as an early marker of neuronal endangerment following seizures in the adult rat brainSamantha L Crowe
Interdisciplinary Program in Neuroscience and Department of Pharmacology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057, USA
J Neurosci 31:7648-56. 2011..This demonstrates that DNA DSB damage is an especially sensitive indicator of neuronal endangerment and that it is responsive to neuroprotective intervention...
- AMPA receptor desensitization as a determinant of vulnerability to focally evoked status epilepticusFrancesco Fornai
Department of Pharmacology, W215 Research Bldg, 3970 Reservoir Road NW, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Eur J Neurosci 21:455-63. 2005....
- Antiepileptic drug-induced neuronal cell death in the immature brain: effects of carbamazepine, topiramate, and levetiracetam as monotherapy versus polytherapyJinsook Kim
Interdisciplinary Program in Neuroscience, Georgetown University, W215 Research Building, 3970 Reservoir Road, N W, Washington, DC 20057, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 323:165-73. 2007..The latter drugs, as monotherapy or in combination, may be promising candidates for the treatment of women during pregnancy and for preterm and neonatal infants...
- Neurodevelopmental impact of antiepileptic drugs and seizures in the immature brainJin Sook Kim
Interdisciplinary Program in Neuroscience and Department of Pharmacology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA
Epilepsia 48:19-26. 2007..It is now important to evaluate the long-term consequences of the changes in PCD in infancy by examining behavioral outcomes and seizure susceptibility in the AED- and seizure-exposed neonates when they reach adulthood...
- Rapid phosphorylation of histone H2A.X following ionotropic glutamate receptor activationSamantha L Crowe
Interdisciplinary Program in Neuroscience, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA
Eur J Neurosci 23:2351-61. 2006....
- Immunohistochemical evaluation of the protein expression of nerve growth factor and its TrkA receptor in rat limbic regions following electroshock seizuresGiuseppe Conti
Department of Pharmacology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Neurosci Res 65:201-9. 2009..Our results demonstrate that repeated exposure to ECS causes an upregulation of TrkA and NGF proteins in several limbic areas in which neuroprotective effects are observed suggesting that NGF contributes to ECS-evoked neuroprotection...
- Effects of repeated minimal electroshock seizures on NGF, BDNF and FGF-2 protein in the rat brain during postnatal developmentJinsook Kim
Interdisciplinary Program in Neuroscience, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Int J Dev Neurosci 28:227-32. 2010..This maturation of seizure-evoked changes in trophic factors may be important for understanding the impact of ECT and seizures in childhood...
- Effects of lamotrigine alone and in combination with MK-801, phenobarbital, or phenytoin on cell death in the neonatal rat brainIrina Katz
Departments of Pediatrics, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 322:494-500. 2007..However, because AEDs are often introduced as add-on medication, careful selection of drug combinations and doses may be required to avoid developmental neurotoxicity when lamotrigine is used in polytherapy...
- MECHANISMS OF NEUROPROTECTION IN LIMBIC SYSTEMAlexei Kondratyev; Fiscal Year: 2005..Structured mentored activities and short courses will guide the development of expertise in these areas necessary for the proposed studies and for the long-term career advancement of the applicant as a versatile neuroscientist. ..
- Neonatal Seizure Therapy and Susceptibility to SchizophreniaAlexei Kondratyev; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study also aims at identifying AEDs that will not predispose the neonates and pregnant women afflicted with seizures to schizophrenia- like disorders. ..
- Epigenetic control of apoptotic susceptibilityAlexei Kondratyev; Fiscal Year: 2007....