V Craig Jordan
Affiliation: Georgetown University
- The St. Gallen Prize Lecture 2011: evolution of long-term adjuvant anti-hormone therapy: consequences and opportunitiesV Craig Jordan
Lomhardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, BC 20057, USA
Breast 20:S1-11. 2011....
- The Discovery and Development of Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators (SERMs) for Clinical PracticePhilipp Y Maximov
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3970 Reservoir Rd NW, Research Building, Suite E204A, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Curr Clin Pharmacol 8:135-55. 2013..In this article, we describe the discovery and development of the group of medicines called SERMs. The newer SERMs in late development: ospemifene, lasofoxifene, bazedoxifene, are arzoxifene are described in detail...
- Paradoxical clinical effect of estrogen on breast cancer risk: a "new" biology of estrogen-induced apoptosisV Craig Jordan
Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 4:633-7. 2011..Cell populations emerge with a vulnerability, as estrogen is no longer a survival signal but is an apoptotic trigger. The antitumor effect of ERT in estrogen-deprived postmenopausal women is consistent with laboratory models...
- Modulating therapeutic effects of the c-Src inhibitor via oestrogen receptor and human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 in breast cancer cell linesPing Fan
Department of Oncology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University, 3970 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Eur J Cancer 48:3488-98. 2012..A specific c-Src inhibitor, 4-amino-5-(4-chlorophenyl)-7(t-butyl)pyrazolo[3,4-d]pyrinidine (PP2), was utilised to block c-Src activity to identify targeted vulnerabilities affected by ER and HER2 in a panel of breast cancer cell lines...
- Progress in endocrine approaches to the treatment and prevention of breast cancerIfeyinwa Obiorah
Department of Oncology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057, United States
Maturitas 70:315-21. 2011..This review outlines the current strategies employed in the use of endocrine therapy in the management and prevention of breast cancer...