A L Graham
Affiliation: Georgetown University
- Effectiveness of an internet-based worksite smoking cessation intervention at 12 monthsAmanda L Graham
Department of Oncology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
J Occup Environ Med 49:821-8. 2007..To evaluate effectiveness of an Internet-based smoking cessation program as part of a comprehensive health risk reduction initiative in a large, geographically dispersed employee population...
- Lifetime characteristics of participants and non-participants in a smoking cessation trial: implications for external validity and public health impactA L Graham
Cancer Control Program, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3300 Whitehaven Street, NW, Suite 4100, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Ann Behav Med 35:295-307. 2008..Detailed information about the characteristics of smokers who do and do not participate in smoking cessation treatment is needed to improve efforts to reach, motivate, and treat smokers...
- Reliability of internet- versus telephone-administered questionnaires in a diverse sample of smokersAmanda L Graham
Georgetown University Medical Center Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, 3300 Whitehaven St, NW, Milton Harris Bldg, Suite 4100, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Med Internet Res 10:e8. 2008..However, the sample was homogeneous with regard to race/ethnicity and income. We sought to replicate and extend these findings in a more diverse sample of smokers...
- Association of multiple behavioral risk factors with adolescents' willingness to engage in eHealth promotionKenneth P Tercyak
Cancer Control Program, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Medical Center, 3300 Whitehaven Street, NW, Suite 4100, Washington, DC 20007 2401, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 34:457-69. 2009..e., "eHealth promotion" willingness) and determines if a relationship exists between adolescents' behavioral risks and their eHealth promotion willingness...
- Online advertising as a public health and recruitment tool: comparison of different media campaigns to increase demand for smoking cessation interventionsAmanda L Graham
The Schroeder Institute for Tobacco Research and Policy Studies, American Legacy Foundation, NW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
J Med Internet Res 10:e50. 2008..Online ads can be implemented in many forms, and surveys consistently show that consumers are receptive. Few studies have examined the potential of online advertising to recruit smokers to cessation treatments...
- Social network structure of a large online community for smoking cessationNathan K Cobb
Schroeder Institute for Tobacco Research and Policy Studies, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Am J Public Health 100:1282-9. 2010..We evaluated the social network structure of QuitNet, one of the largest online communities for behavior change, and compared its characteristics to other known social networks...
- Internet- vs. telephone-administered questionnaires in a randomized trial of smoking cessationAmanda L Graham
Center for Alcohol and Addiction Studies, Brown Medical School, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 8:S49-57. 2006..Results indicate that the internal consistency and test-retest reliability of the measures examined are comparable when self-administered via the Internet or when interviewer-administered via telephone...
- Characteristics of smokers reached and recruited to an internet smoking cessation trial: a case of denominatorsAmanda L Graham
Brown Medical School, Center for Alcohol and Addiction Studies, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 8:S43-8. 2006....
- Initial evaluation of a real-world Internet smoking cessation systemNathan K Cobb
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Harvard University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 7:207-16. 2005....
- Characterizing Internet searchers of smoking cessation informationNathan K Cobb
Massachusetts General Hospital, Pulmonary and CC Unit Bul 148, 55 Fruit St, Boston MA 02114, USA
J Med Internet Res 8:e17. 2006..Little is known about these individuals, their smoking status, what type of cessation services they are seeking on the Internet, or how frequently these searches for cessation information are conducted...
- Reducing the cancer burden of lifestyle factors: opportunities and challenges of the InternetAmanda L Graham
Brown Medical School, Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Center for Alcohol and Addiction Studies, Providence, RI 02912, USA
J Med Internet Res 7:e26. 2005....
- Feasibility of incorporating computer-tailored health behaviour communications in primary care settingsChristopher N Sciamanna
Brown Medical School, Centers for Behavioral and Preventive Medicine, Coro Building, Suite 500, One Hoppin Street, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Inform Prim Care 12:40-8. 2004..We set out to investigate the feasibility of incorporating a computer-tailored health behaviour program into routine care in a group of primary care practices in Rhode Island...
- Internet and Telephone Treatment for Smoking CessationAmanda Graham; Fiscal Year: 2008..There is an urgent need for science to fill the gap and evaluate their efficacy. If effective, such treatments can be widely disseminated and can make a significant impact on population health. ..