Genomes and Genes
Arnold M Schwartz
Affiliation: George Washington University
- Diagnostic surgical pathology in lung cancer: Diagnosis and management of lung cancer, 3rd ed: American College of Chest Physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelinesArnold M Schwartz
Department of Pathology, The George Washington University Medical Center, 2100 W Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Chest 143:e251S-62S. 2013..Specific population, intervention, comparison, and outcome questions were addressed to arrive at consensus recommendations...
- BP1, a homeoprotein, is significantly expressed in prostate adenocarcinoma and is concordant with prostatic intraepithelial neoplasiaArnold M Schwartz
Department of Pathology, The George Washington University Medical Center, Washington DC 20037, USA
Mod Pathol 22:1-6. 2009..These findings suggest that BP1 is an important upstream factor in the carcinogenic pathway of prostate cancer and that the expression of BP1 may reflect or directly contribute to tumor progression and/or invasion...
- Diagnostic surgical pathology in lung cancer: ACCP evidence-based clinical practice guidelines (2nd edition)Arnold M Schwartz
Department of Pathology, Ross Hall, Room 502, George Washington University Medical Center, 2300 I St, NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Chest 132:78S-93S. 2007..The objective of this study was to provide evidence-based background and recommendations for the development of American College of Chest Physicians guidelines for the diagnosis and management of lung cancer...
- Qualitative age interactions between low-grade and high-grade serous ovarian carcinomasPhilip M Grimley
Department of Pathology, F Edward Hebert School of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:2256-61. 2009....
- Amplification of the BP1 homeobox gene in breast cancerLuciane R Cavalli
Department of Oncology, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University, 3800 Reservoir Rd, Room S165A LL Lombardi Building, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 187:19-24. 2008..Considering that BP1 expression was observed in cases with both increased and normal BP1 copy number, we conclude that other mechanisms in addition to gene amplification play a role in BP1 protein expression...
- Thrombin stimulation of inflammatory breast cancer cells leads to aggressiveness via the EGFR-PAR1-Pak1 pathwayKazufumi Ohshiro
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, District of Columbia 20037, USA
Int J Biol Markers 27:e305-13. 2012..The study provides the rationale for future therapeutic approaches in mitigating the invasive nature of IBC by targeting Pak1 and/or EGFR...
- A subset of in situ breast tumor cell clusters lacks expression of proliferation and progression related markers but shows signs of stromal and vascular invasionYan Gao Man
Department of Gynecologic and Breast Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology and American Registry of Pathology, 6825 16th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Cancer Detect Prev 29:323-31. 2005..The purpose of this study was to further elucidate the immunohistochemical and morphological profiles of these ER NCC...
- Dietary flaxseed meal reduces proteinuria and ameliorates nephropathy in an animal model of type II diabetes mellitusManuel T Velasquez
Department of Medicine, George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Kidney Int 64:2100-7. 2003....
- Upregulation of MHC class II, interferon-alpha and interferon-gamma receptor protein expression in HIV-associated nephropathyPaul L Kimmel
Department of Medicine, Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, George Washington University Medical Center, 2150 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 18:285-92. 2003..Renal major histocompatibility complex (MHC) protein expression is involved in antigen presentation and modulating tissue cellular immune responses. Their relative importance in HIVAN pathogenesis is unknown...
- Defects in keratinocyte activation during wound healing in the syndecan-1-deficient mouseMary Ann Stepp
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, The George Washington University Medical School, Washington DC 20037, USA
J Cell Sci 115:4517-31. 2002....
- Cigarette smoking as a cause of cancers other than lung cancer: an exploratory study using the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results ProgramGabrielle Ray
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health and Health Services, George Washington University, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Chest 138:491-9. 2010..This ecologic approach relating cigarette smoking to cancer using a large database avoids the limitations and bias present in case-control and cohort studies...
- Carcinomas of the pancreas, gallbladder, extrahepatic bile ducts, and ampulla of vater share a field for carcinogenesis: a population-based studyDonald Earl Henson
George Washington University Cancer Institute, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 133:67-71. 2009..Carcinomas co-occur in the pancreas, extrahepatic bile ducts, and ampulla of Vater. We investigated whether cancers originating in these sites represent a field effect similar to that observed in the lung and upper aerodigestive tract...
- Alternate estrogen receptors promote invasion of inflammatory breast cancer cells via non-genomic signalingKazufumi Ohshiro
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e30725. 2012..These findings only explain the failure of traditional anti-estrogen therapies in ER-positive IBC which induces the non-genomic signaling, but also opens newer avenues for design of modified therapies targeting these estrogen receptors...
- Lobular carcinoma in situ of the breast presenting as a massLauren F Stein
Department of Radiology, The George Washington University Medical Center, 2150 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, DC 20037, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:1799-801. 2005
- Voltage-gated Na+ channel SCN5A is a key regulator of a gene transcriptional network that controls colon cancer invasionCarrie D House
Department of Pharmacology, The George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Cancer Res 70:6957-67. 2010..siRNA-mediated knockdown of predicted downstream network components caused a loss of invasive behavior, demonstrating network connectivity and its function in driving colon cancer invasion...
- Surgical pathology of lung cancerM Katayoon Rezaei
The George Washington University Medical Center, Department of Pathology, Washington, DC
Semin Respir Crit Care Med 34:770-86. 2013..The awareness of diagnostic modalities and tissue handling by all members of the team ensures the best patient-centered care. ..
- Assessment of K-Ras mutant frequency and micronucleus incidence in the mouse duodenum following 90-days of exposure to Cr(VI) in drinking waterTravis J O'Brien
George Washington University, Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, Washington, DC 20037, United States
Mutat Res 754:15-21. 2013....
- Population-based analysis of pathologic data: a new approach to the investigation of uterine endometrial and ovarian endometrioid carcinomasDonald Earl Henson
George Washington University Cancer Institute, Ross Hall, Room 502, 2300 Eye St, NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 131:1337-42. 2007....
- Lung inflammation, injury, and proliferative response after repetitive particulate hexavalent chromium exposureLaura M Beaver
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Environ Health Perspect 117:1896-902. 2009..Despite this, little is known about the pathologic injury and immune responses after repetitive exposure to particulate chromates...
- Cystic lymphatic malformation of the middle earNeil Tanna
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The George Washington University, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 117:824-6. 2008..We review the clinical, radiologic, and histopathologic features of cystic lymphangioma of the middle ear, and discuss the developmental etiology and management of such a lesion...
- Development of malignant breast microcalcifications after neoadjuvant chemotherapy in advanced breast cancerDalia Fadul
Breast Imaging and Intervention, Department of Radiology, George Washington University, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Breast J 10:141-5. 2004..With the increased use of neoadjuvant chemotherapy, it is important to recognize previously undescribed mammographic findings secondary to this therapeutic approach...
- Bladder cryoablation in a porcine model: evaluation of three surgical approaches and cryolesion predictabilityDouglas E Sutherland
Department of Urology, The George Washington University Hospital, Washington, D C 20037, USA
J Endourol 23:515-8. 2009..To determine the feasibility of bladder cryoablation (BC) applied laparoscopically, percutaneously, and transurethrally in a porcine survival study. The expected and observed area of cell death after BC was also examined...