SHERRY D MOLOCK
Affiliation: George Washington University
- Qualitative study of suicidality and help-seeking behaviors in African American adolescentsSherry Davis Molock
The George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Community Psychol 40:52-63. 2007..Implications for developing church-based suicide interventions are discussed...
- Developing suicide prevention programs for African American youth in African American churchesSherry Davis Molock
George Washington University, Washington, DC 20052, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 38:323-33. 2008..Potential barriers and suggestions for how to overcome these barriers are discussed...
- Suicide and African American teenagers: risk factors and coping mechanismsMarisa Spann
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 36:553-68. 2006..Results also highlight the importance of examining the role of culturally salient variables such as fatalism and religious coping style when developing intervention programs for suicide...
- Cultural considerations in adolescent suicide prevention and psychosocial treatmentDavid B Goldston
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC 27101, USA
Am Psychol 63:14-31. 2008..The needs for culturally sensitive and community- based interventions are discussed, along with future opportunities for research in intervention development and evaluation...
- SUICIDE RISK AND PROTECTIVE FACTORS IN BLACK ADOLESCENTSSHERRY MOLOCK; Fiscal Year: 2005..This information will be used to develop future research that is designed to develop community-based interventions in African American churches to ameliorate the growing rate of suicidal behaviors in the African American community. ..