Affiliation: George Washington University
- Assessment of asthma control in primary careMatthew Mintz
George Washington University School of Medicine, 2150 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, ACC 2 105B, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 25:2523-31. 2009..To determine the prevalence of uncontrolled asthma in patients who are visiting their primary care provider for any reason...
- Asthma update: part I. Diagnosis, monitoring, and prevention of disease progressionMatthew Mintz
The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, DC, USA
Am Fam Physician 70:893-8. 2004..However, further studies are needed to determine whether inhaled corticosteroids can prevent the progression of asthma...
- Use of electronic medical records by physicians and students in academic internal medicine settingsMatthew Mintz
Department of Medicine, The George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, DC, USA
Acad Med 84:1698-704. 2009..The purpose of this study is to describe current use of EMRs by medical students at U.S. and Canadian medical schools...
- Factors associated with medical students' career choices regarding internal medicineKaren E Hauer
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, 533 Parnassus Ave, U137, Box 0131, San Francisco, CA 94143 0131, USA
JAMA 300:1154-64. 2008..The factors influencing current students' career choices regarding IM are unclear...
- Internal medicine clerkship directors' perceptions about student interest in internal medicine careersKaren E Hauer
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:1101-4. 2008..Experienced medical student educators may have insight into the reasons for declining interest in internal medicine (IM) careers, particularly general IM...
- Perspective: are we teaching racial profiling? The dangers of subjective determinations of race and ethnicity in case presentationsKimberly D Acquaviva
Department of Nursing Education, The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Acad Med 85:702-5. 2010....
- Qualitative Development of the Rhinitis Control Assessment Test (RCAT), an Instrument for Evaluating Rhinitis Symptom ControlRobert A Nathan
1 Asthma and Allergy Associates, Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA 2 GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA 3 Allergy and Asthma Medical Group and Research Center, San Diego, California, USA 4 Kaiser Permanente, San Diego, California, USA 5 House Ear Clinic, Los Angeles, California, USA 6 George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, DC, USA 7 RTI Health Solutions, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Patient 3:91-9. 2010....
- Acting on reflection: the effect of reflection on students' clinical performance on a standardized patient examinationBenjamin Blatt
Clinical Learning and Simulation Skills Center, Department of Medicine, The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, George Washington University Hospital, Washington, DC 20037, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:49-54. 2007..Little evidence exists to support the value of reflection in the clinical setting...
- Neighborhood racial composition and availability of asthma drugs in retail pharmaciesStephanie M Spernak
The George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services, Washington, District of Columbia 20007, USA
J Asthma 42:731-5. 2005..Low demand was the most frequent reason cited by pharmacists regarding why asthma drugs or equipment were not in stock...
- Asthma update: Part II. Medical managementMatthew Mintz
The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Washington, DC, USA
Am Fam Physician 70:1061-6. 2004..Antibiotic therapy offers no additional benefit in patients with asthma exacerbations...