Affiliation: George Mason University
- Guendel I, Meltzer B, Baer A, Dever S, Valerie K, Guo J, et al. BRCA1 functions as a novel transcriptional cofactor in HIV-1 infection. Virol J. 2015;12:40 pubmed publisher..The BRCA1 pathway or enzymes that phosphorylate BRCA1 could potentially be used as complementary host-based treatment for combined antiretroviral therapy, as there are multiple potent ATM inhibitors in development as chemotherapeutics. ..
- Baer A, Shafagati N, Benedict A, Ammosova T, Ivanov A, Hakami R, et al. Protein Phosphatase-1 regulates Rift Valley fever virus replication. Antiviral Res. 2016;127:79-89 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that PP1 activity is important for RVFV replication early on during the viral life cycle and may prove an attractive therapeutic target. ..
- Pinkham C, An S, Lundberg L, Bansal N, Benedict A, Narayanan A, et al. The role of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 in Rift Valley fever virus infection. Virology. 2016;496:175-185 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data demonstrate that STAT3 functions in a pro-survival capacity through modulation of NSs localization. ..
- Bell T, Espina V, Senina S, Woodson C, Brahms A, Carey B, et al. Rapamycin modulation of p70 S6 kinase signaling inhibits Rift Valley fever virus pathogenesis. Antiviral Res. 2017;143:162-175 pubmed publisher..Additionally, the phosphorylation of p70 S6 kinase was decreased following rapamycin treatment in vivo. Collectively these data demonstrate modulating p70 S6 kinase can be an effective antiviral strategy. ..
- Pinkham C, Dahal B, DE LA FUENTE C, Bracci N, Beitzel B, Lindquist M, et al. Alterations in the host transcriptome in vitro following Rift Valley fever virus infection. Sci Rep. 2017;7:14385 pubmed publisher..Overall, this is the first global transcriptomic analysis of the human host response following RVFV infection, which could give insight into novel host responses that have not yet been explored. ..
- Brahms A, Mudhasani R, Pinkham C, Kota K, Nasar F, Zamani R, et al. Sorafenib Impedes Rift Valley Fever Virus Egress by Inhibiting Valosin-Containing Protein Function in the Cellular Secretory Pathway. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..The significance of our research is in identifying the cellular target of sorafenib that inhibits RVFV propagation, so that this information can be used as a tool for the further development of therapeutics used to treat RVFV infection. ..
- Lundberg L, Carey B, Kehn Hall K. Venezuelan Equine Encephalitis Virus Capsid-The Clever Caper. Viruses. 2017;9: pubmed publisher..Herein, the role of VEEV capsid in viral replication and pathogenesis will be discussed including a comparison to proteins of other alphaviruses. ..
- Baer A, Kehn Hall K. Viral concentration determination through plaque assays: using traditional and novel overlay systems. J Vis Exp. 2014;:e52065 pubmed publisher..Liquid overlays may also prove more sensitive than traditional overlays for certain heat labile viruses. ..