- Large performance incentives had the greatest impact on providers whose quality metrics were lowest at baseline
Jessica Greene is a professor in the School of Nursing at the George Washington University, in Washington, D C
Health Aff (Millwood) 34:673-80. 2015
..However, the results suggest that payment reform may help narrow variation in primary care provider performance, which can translate into narrowing socioeconomic disparities. ..
- When patient activation levels change, health outcomes and costs change, too
Jessica Greene is a professor in the School of Nursing, The George Washington University, in Washington, D C
Health Aff (Millwood) 34:431-7. 2015
..These findings suggest that efforts to increase patient activation may help achieve key goals of health reform and that further research is warranted to examine whether the observed associations are causal. ..
- The impact of tobacco dependence treatment coverage and copayments in Medicaid
School of Nursing, George Washington University, Washington, District of Columbia Electronic address
Am J Prev Med 46:331-6. 2014
..The Affordable Care Act (ACA) expands Medicaid's tobacco dependence treatment (TDT) coverage; however, these expansions differ in comprehensiveness based on Medicaid eligibility category...
- When seeing the same physician, highly activated patients have better care experiences than less activated patients
School of Nursing George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 32:1299-305. 2013
..Strategies to improve the patient experience, therefore, should focus not only on providers but also on improving patients' ability to elicit what they need from their providers. ..
- An examination of pay-for-performance in general practice in Australia
George Washington University School of Nursing, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Health Serv Res 48:1415-32. 2013
- The impact of an online social network with wireless monitoring devices on physical activity and weight loss
George Washington University, School of Nursing, Washington, DC 20036, USA
J Prim Care Community Health 4:189-94. 2013
..Online social networks (OSNs) are a new, promising approach for catalyzing health-related behavior change. To date, the empirical evidence on their impact has been limited...
- How well do patient activation scores predict depression outcomes one year later?
Rebecca M Sacks
School of Nursing, George Washington University, 2030 M Street NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC 20036, USA Electronic address
J Affect Disord 169:1-6. 2014
..This study examines the relationship between patient activation, a measure of individuals׳ knowledge, skill, and confidence for managing their health, and rates of depression remission and response among patients with depression...
- A case study of a team-based, quality-focused compensation model for primary care providers
1George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA
Med Care Res Rev 71:207-23. 2014
..While Fairview's compensation model is still a work in progress, their early experiences can provide lessons for other delivery systems seeking to reform PCP compensation. ..