Lynn H Gerber
Affiliation: George Mason University
- Integrating a prospective surveillance model for rehabilitation into breast cancer survivorship careLynn H Gerber
George Mason University, Center for Study of Chronic Illness and Disability, Fairfax, Virginia 22030, USA
Cancer 118:2201-6. 2012..There exist opportunities to integrate lessons learned as well as to align efforts to achieve greater impact on the shared goal of improving health outcomes for breast cancer survivors...
- Oral pirfenidone in patients with chronic fibrosis resulting from radiotherapy: a pilot studyNicole L Simone
Radiation Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Building 10 CRC, Room B2 3561, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Radiat Oncol 2:19. 2007..The goal of this pilot study is to determine if Pirfenidone, a novel regulator of cytokine gene expression, has the potential to ameliorate established radiation-induced fibrosis...
- Factors predicting clinically significant fatigue in women following treatment for primary breast cancerLynn H Gerber
George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, USA
Support Care Cancer 19:1581-91. 2011..05). Fatigue increases significantly following the treatment of BrCa. Predictors of CSF include high BMI and WBC count, increase in limb volume, and low level of physical activity. These are remediable...
- Assessment of myofascial trigger points (MTrPs): a new application of ultrasound imaging and vibration sonoelastographySiddhartha Sikdar
George Mason University, Fairfax, VA 22030, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2008:5585-8. 2008..Ultrasound offers a convenient, accessible and low-risk approach for identifying MTrPs and for evaluating clinical observations of palpable, painful nodules...
- Novel applications of ultrasound technology to visualize and characterize myofascial trigger points and surrounding soft tissueSiddhartha Sikdar
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, George Mason University, 4400 University Dr, MS 1G5, Fairfax, VA 22030, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 90:1829-38. 2009..To apply ultrasound (US) imaging techniques to better describe the characteristics of myofascial trigger points (MTrPs) and the immediately adjacent soft tissue...
- Objective sonographic measures for characterizing myofascial trigger points associated with cervical painJeffrey J Ballyns
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA 22030 USA
J Ultrasound Med 30:1331-40. 2011....
- Exploratory analysis of the relationships between aerobic capacity and self-reported fatigue in patients with rheumatoid arthritis, polymyositis, and chronic fatigue syndromeAli A Weinstein
Center for Study of Chronic Illness and Disability, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA 22030, USA
PM R 1:620-8. 2009....
- Comparison of activity level among patients with chronic liver diseaseJillian Kallman Price
Center for Liver Diseases, Inova Fairfax Hospital, Falls Church, VA, USA
Disabil Rehabil 35:907-12. 2013..Patients with NAFLD and HCV are likely to have lower levels than those with HBV without cirrhosis. This presents an additional risk factor for disability and mortality. [Box: see text]...