Melanie C Ruzek
Affiliation: Genzyme Corporation
- Ultrasound imaging accurately detects skin thickening in a mouse scleroderma modelJennifer L Tedstone
Immunology and Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Biologics R and D, Genzyme Corporation, Framingham, MA, USA
Ultrasound Med Biol 34:1239-47. 2008..Thus, these studies demonstrate that ultrasound can accurately detect skin thickening in a mouse model of scleroderma...
- Adenoviral vectors stimulate murine natural killer cell responses and demonstrate antitumor activities in the absence of transgene expressionMelanie C Ruzek
Immunology Laboratory, Cell and Protein Therapeutics R and D, Genzyme Corporation, Framingham, Massachusetts 01701, USA
Mol Ther 5:115-24. 2002..Collectively, these results demonstrate in a murine system that the adenoviral vector gene delivery system itself stimulates NK cells, and this in turn can nonspecifically enhance antitumor immunity...
- Minimal effects on immune parameters following chronic anti-TGF-beta monoclonal antibody administration to normal miceMelanie C Ruzek
Cell and Protein Therapeutics R and D, Genzyme Corporation, Framingham, Massachusetts 01701 9322, USA
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 25:235-57. 2003..Thus, there does not appear to be any significant immune dysregulation detectable after long-term antibody-mediated neutralization of TGF-beta in normal mice...
- A modified model of graft-versus-host-induced systemic sclerosis (scleroderma) exhibits all major aspects of the human diseaseMelanie C Ruzek
Genzyme Corporation, Framingham, Massachusetts 01701, USA
Arthritis Rheum 50:1319-31. 2004..The present studies were undertaken to determine if alteration of the induction of GVH-induced scleroderma could result in a model that more fully represented the human condition...
- Characterization of in vitro antimurine thymocyte globulin-induced regulatory T cells that inhibit graft-versus-host disease in vivoMelanie C Ruzek
Immunology and Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Biologics R and D, Framingham, MA, USA
Blood 111:1726-34. 2008..The in vitro generation of regulatory cells by anti-thymocyte globulins could provide ad-ditional therapeutic modalities for immune-mediated disease...
- In vivo characterization of rabbit anti-mouse thymocyte globulin: a surrogate for rabbit anti-human thymocyte globulinMelanie C Ruzek
Department of Immunology and Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Biologics R and D, Genzyme Corporation, Framingham, MA 01701, USA
Transplantation 88:170-9. 2009..Polyclonal rabbit anti-human thymocyte globulin (Thymoglobulin) is used clinically for immunosuppression in solid organ transplantation; however, it is difficult to fully characterize the effects of this agent in humans...
- Murine antithymocyte globulin T-cell depletion is mediated predominantly by macrophages, but the Fas/FasL pathway selectively targets regulatory T cellsKathleen S Neff
Department Immunology and Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Biologics R and D, Genzyme Corporation, Framingham, MA, USA
Transplantation 92:523-8. 2011..The current studies were designed to determine whether different effector mechanisms are involved in differential depletion of T-cell subsets by mATG...
- Homeostatic role of transforming growth factor-beta in the oral cavity and esophagus of mice and its expression by mast cells in these tissuesAllison Vitsky
Genzyme Corporation, 1 The Mountain Rd, Framingham, MA 01701 9322, USA
Am J Pathol 174:2137-49. 2009..These studies illustrate a previously unappreciated biological role of TGF-beta in maintaining homeostasis within both oral and esophageal tissues...