Simon P Fricker
Affiliation: Genzyme Corporation
- Metal compounds for the treatment of parasitic diseasesSimon P Fricker
Genzyme Corporation, 49 New York Avenue, P O Box 9322, Framingham, MA 01701 9322, USA
J Inorg Biochem 102:1839-45. 2008..In conclusion this preliminary data indicates that metal complexes targeted at parasite cysteine proteases show promise for the treatment of both Chagas' disease and leishmaniasis...
- A novel CXCR4 antagonist for hematopoietic stem cell mobilizationSimon P Fricker
Genzyme Corp, Framingham, MA 01701 9322, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 17:1749-60. 2008..Current mobilization regimes frequently result in inadequate numbers of HSC for transplant therefore alternative methods of mobilization are required...
- Cysteine proteases as targets for metal-based drugsSimon P Fricker
Genzyme Corp, 49 New York Ave, Framingham, MA 01701 9322, USA
Metallomics 2:366-77. 2010..These data are reviewed below and discussed in the context of possible therapeutic applications including cancer and parasitic disease...
- Strategies for the biological evaluation of gold anticancer agentsSimon P Fricker
Genzyme Corp, Framingham, MA 01701, USA
Anticancer Agents Med Chem 11:940-52. 2011..The importance of mechanistic studies which have led to the identification of new molecular targets for gold drugs, and in vivo evaluation are emphasized...
- CXCL12 (SDF-1)/CXCR4 pathway in cancerBeverly A Teicher
Genzyme Corporation, Framingham, Massachusetts 01701 9322, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:2927-31. 2010..The CXCL12/CXCR4 axis is involved in tumor progression, angiogenesis, metastasis, and survival. This pathway is a target for therapeutics that can block the CXCL12/CXCR4 interaction or inhibit downstream intracellular signaling...
- Prospective CCR5 small molecule antagonist compound design using a combined mutagenesis/modeling approachMarkus Metz
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Genzyme Corporation, 153 Second Avenue, Waltham, Massachusetts 02451, USA
J Am Chem Soc 133:16477-85. 2011..The obtained mutant fingerprint profiles of CCR5 inhibitors were used to translate the CCR5 allosteric binding site into a general pharmacophore, which can be used for discovering new inhibitors...
- Comparison of the potential multiple binding modes of bicyclam, monocylam, and noncyclam small-molecule CXC chemokine receptor 4 inhibitorsRebecca S Y Wong
Genzyme Corporation, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Mol Pharmacol 74:1485-95. 2008..These mechanistic studies might prove to be useful for the development of future generations of CXCR4 inhibitors with improved clinical pharmacology and safety profiles...