J Alexander Cole
Affiliation: Genzyme Corporation
- Reducing selection bias in case-control studies from rare disease registriesJ Alexander Cole
Biomedical Data Sciences and Informatics, Genzyme, a Sanofi Company, 500 Kendall Street, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Orphanet J Rare Dis 6:61. 2011..Data from the International Collaborative Gaucher Group (ICGG) Gaucher Registry were used as an example...
- Paroxetine in the first trimester and the prevalence of congenital malformationsJ Alexander Cole
i3 Drug Safety, Auburndale, MA, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:1075-85. 2007..To refine a preliminary analysis identifying a possibly increased prevalence of malformations among infants born to women exposed to paroxetine in the first trimester...
- The effect of zanamivir treatment on influenza complications: a retrospective cohort studyJ Alexander Cole
Epidemiology and Safety Research Division, Riverside Center, Ingenix, Inc, Auburndale, Massachusetts 02466, USA
Clin Ther 24:1824-39. 2002..Complications of influenza are a major cause of morbidity and mortality during the influenza season. Clinical trials of zanamivir have reported a reduced incidence of influenza complications among high-risk patients...
- Venous thromboembolism, myocardial infarction, and stroke among transdermal contraceptive system usersJ Alexander Cole
i3 Drug Safety, Auburndale, Massachusetts, USA
Obstet Gynecol 109:339-46. 2007....
- Incidence of IBS in a cohort of people with asthmaJ Alexander Cole
Department of Epidemiology, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Dig Dis Sci 52:329-35. 2007..0; 95% CI, 0.9-1.1.) Misclassification of IBS would have biased the rate ratio toward the null. We observed a small increase in IBS among people with asthma, and no association between oral steroids and IBS onset among asthma patients...
- Bupropion in pregnancy and the prevalence of congenital malformationsJ Alexander Cole
i3 Drug Safety, Epidemiology, Auburndale, MA 02466, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:474-84. 2007..We conducted a study of congenital malformations among infants born to women exposed to bupropion during their first trimester...
- Drug copayment and adherence in chronic heart failure: effect on cost and outcomesJ Alexander Cole
Division of Epidemiology, i3 Drug Safety, Auburndale, Massachusetts 02466, USA
Pharmacotherapy 26:1157-64. 2006..To measure the association among prescription copayment, drug adherence, and subsequent health outcomes among patients with chronic heart failure (CHF)...
- Severe vascular events in migraine patientsPriscilla Velentgas
Ingenix Epidemiology, Auburndale, MA 02466, USA
Headache 44:642-51. 2004..Consistent with previous studies, migraineurs in general have an elevated risk of stroke, but not myocardial infarction, compared with nonmigraineurs...
- The incidence of abdominal and pelvic surgery among patients with irritable bowel syndromeJ Alexander Cole
Department of Epidemiology, Ingenix, Riverside Center 3 120, 275 Grove Street, Auburndale, Massachusetts 02466, USA
Dig Dis Sci 50:2268-75. 2005..Patients with IBS have an increased risk for abdominopelvic and gallbladder surgery and, thus, an associated risk for experiencing morbidity and mortality associated with these surgical procedures...
- Risk for respiratory events in a cohort of patients receiving inhaled zanamivir: a retrospective studyJeanne E Loughlin
Epidemiology and Safety Research Division, Ingenix, Inc, Auburndale, Massachusetts 02466, USA
Clin Ther 24:1786-99. 2002..Inhaled zanamivir is indicated for treatment of uncomplicated acute illness due to influenza A and B viruses in patients aged > or = 12 years who have been symptomatic for no more than 2 days...
- Migraine, fibromyalgia, and depression among people with IBS: a prevalence studyJ Alexander Cole
Department of Epidemiology, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston MA, USA
BMC Gastroenterol 6:26. 2006..Case descriptions suggest IBS patients are more likely to have other disorders, including migraine, fibromyalgia, and depression. We sought to examine the prevalence of these conditions in cohorts of people with and without IBS...
- Prevalence of serious eosinophilia and incidence of Churg-Strauss syndrome in a cohort of asthma patientsJeanne E Loughlin
Ingenix Epidemiology Division, Newton. Massachusetts 02466, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 88:319-25. 2002..We believe that the prevalence and incidence information that we report is a useful description of population rates in the United States for these conditions...