Affiliation: Genetics Institute
- Crystal structure of human cytosolic phospholipase A2 reveals a novel topology and catalytic mechanismA Dessen
Biochemistry, Wyeth Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02140, USA
Cell 97:349-60. 1999..The structure reveals a flexible lid that must move to allow substrate access to the active site, thus explaining the interfacial activation of this important lipase...
- Structural and kinetic analysis of Escherichia coli GDP-mannose 4,6 dehydratase provides insights into the enzyme's catalytic mechanism and regulation by GDP-fucoseJ R Somoza
Wyeth Research, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
Structure 8:123-35. 2000..Fucose forms part of a number of glycoconjugates, including the ABO blood groups and the selectin ligand sialyl Lewis X. Defects in GDP-fucose metabolism have been linked to leukocyte adhesion deficiency type II (LADII)...
- Crystal structure and function of the isoniazid target of Mycobacterium tuberculosisA Dessen
Department of Biochemistry, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461
Science 267:1638-41. 1995..2 and 2.7 angstroms, respectively, revealed that drug resistance is directly related to a perturbation in the hydrogen-bonding network that stabilizes NADH binding...
- X-ray crystal structure of HLA-DR4 (DRA*0101, DRB1*0401) complexed with a peptide from human collagen IIA Dessen
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, The Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Immunity 7:473-81. 1997..A model is proposed for the DR4 recognition of collagen II (261-273), an antigen immunodominant in human-transgenic mouse models of RA...
- Crystal structure of the matrix protein VP40 from Ebola virusA Dessen
European Molecular Biology Laboratory Grenoble Outstation, 6 rue Jules Horowitz, 38000 Grenoble, France
EMBO J 19:4228-36. 2000..The crystal structure reveals how the molecule may be able to switch from a monomeric conformation to a hexameric form, as observed in vitro. Its implications for the assembly process are discussed...
- The Salmonella typhimurium nadC gene: sequence determination by use of Mud-P22 and purification of quinolinate phosphoribosyltransferaseK T Hughes
Department of Microbiology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195
J Bacteriol 175:479-86. 1993..Steady-state kinetics on the purified QAPRTase indicated Km values of 32 microM for 5-phosphoribosyl-1-pyrophosphate and 20 microM for quinolinate. Vmax was 0.9 U/mg, similar to values reported for this enzyme by other sources...
- Crystal structure of PBP2x from a highly penicillin-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae clinical isolate: a mosaic framework containing 83 mutationsA Dessen
Laboratoire de Cristallographie Macromoléculaire, Institut de Biologie Structurale Jean Pierre Ebel CNRS Commissariat à l Energie Atomique, 41, rue Jules Horowitz, 38027 Grenoble, France
J Biol Chem 276:45106-12. 2001..Thus, in vivo, an "open" active site could facilitate the recognition of distinct, branched physiological substrates...