Genomes and Genes
Heidi S Phillips
Affiliation: Genentech Inc
- Molecular subclasses of high-grade glioma predict prognosis, delineate a pattern of disease progression, and resemble stages in neurogenesisHeidi S Phillips
Department of Tumor Biology and Angiogenesis, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Cancer Cell 9:157-73. 2006..A robust two-gene prognostic model utilizing PTEN and DLL3 expression suggests that Akt and Notch signaling are hallmarks of poor prognosis versus better prognosis gliomas, respectively...
- Rescue of NGF-deficient mice II: basal forebrain cholinergic projections require NGF for target innervation but not guidanceHeidi S Phillips
Genentech Incorporated, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 124:1-11. 2004..These results indicate that NGF is required for induction of proper innervation by BFC neurons, but that the cellular pattern of expression of this factor is not critical for specifying the distribution of axon terminals...
- Rescue of NGF-deficient mice I: transgenic expression of NGF in skin rescues mice lacking endogenous NGFSusan M W Harrison
School of Biological Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40506, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 122:116-25. 2004..Thus, the most vital functions of NGF are not dependent on faithful recapitulation of the normal spatiotemporal pattern of gene expression...
- Epigenome scans and cancer genome sequencing converge on WNK2, a kinase-independent suppressor of cell growthChibo Hong
Department of Neurological Surgery and the Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:10974-9. 2007..Thus, our integrated genetic and epigenetic approach might be useful to identify genes that are widely relevant to cancer, even when genetic alterations of the locus are infrequent...
- Evidence for sequenced molecular evolution of IDH1 mutant glioblastoma from a distinct cell of originAlbert Lai
David Geffen School of Medicine at theUniversity of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:4482-90. 2011..To determine how GBMs arising with IDH1(R132MUT) differ from other GBMs, we undertook a comprehensive comparison of patients presenting clinically with primary GBM as a function of IDH1(R132) mutation status...
- Identification of IGF2 signaling through phosphoinositide-3-kinase regulatory subunit 3 as a growth-promoting axis in glioblastomaLiliana Soroceanu
Department of Tumor Biology and Angiogenesis, Molecular Biology, Biostatistics, and Pathology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:3466-71. 2007..Further, these findings highlight the parallels between growth factors or receptors that are overexpressed in GBMs and those that support in vitro growth of tumor-derived stem-like cells...
- A hierarchy of self-renewing tumor-initiating cell types in glioblastomaRuihuan Chen
Department of Tumor Biology and Angiogenesis, Genentech Inc, San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Cancer Cell 17:362-75. 2010....
- Distribution of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase inhibitors Pictilisib (GDC-0941) and GNE-317 in U87 and GS2 intracranial glioblastoma models-assessment by matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization imagingLaurent Salphati
Departments of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics L S, S S L, C Q, J P, Biomedical Imaging K B, R A C, Cancer Signaling and Translational Oncology M N, B A, H S P, and Chemistry A G O, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California
Drug Metab Dispos 42:1110-6. 2014..These results in orthotopic models representing either the contrast-enhancing or invasive areas of GBM clearly demonstrate the need for whole-brain distribution to potentially achieve long-term efficacy in GBM. ..
- Monovalent antibody design and mechanism of action of onartuzumab, a MET antagonist with anti-tumor activity as a therapeutic agentMark Merchant
Department of Translational Oncology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E2987-96. 2013..Onartuzumab, therefore, represents the founding member of a class of therapeutic monovalent antibodies that overcomes limitations of antibody bivalency for targets impacted by antibody crosslinking. ..
- TMEFF2 is a PDGF-AA binding protein with methylation-associated gene silencing in multiple cancer types including gliomaKui Lin
Genentech, South San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e18608. 2011..The biological function of TMEFF2 remains unclear with conflicting reports suggesting both a positive and a negative association between TMEFF2 expression and human cancers...
- Targeting the PI3K pathway in the brain--efficacy of a PI3K inhibitor optimized to cross the blood-brain barrierLaurent Salphati
Department of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:6239-48. 2012..Our objectives were to identify a dual PI3K/mTOR inhibitor optimized to cross the blood-brain barrier (BBB) and characterize its brain penetration, pathway modulation in the brain and efficacy in orthotopic xenograft models of GBM...