- Electronic medical records and health care transformationJames M Walker
Geisinger Health System, Danville, Pennsylvania, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 24:1118-20. 2005..However, we need to know more about the total costs of EMRs and the ways in which they will interact with existing health care systems to make compelling predictions about their clinical benefits or the savings they can enable...
- EHR safety: the way forward to safe and effective systemsJames M Walker
Geisinger Health System, MC 30 06, 100 North Academy Avenue, Danville, PA 17822 3006, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 15:272-7. 2008....
- From tasks to processes: the case for changing health information technology to improve health careJames M Walker
Geisinger Health System in Danville, Pennsylvania, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 28:467-77. 2009....
- Bridging the inferential gap: the electronic health record and clinical evidenceWalter F Stewart
Center for Health Research, Geisinger Clinic, Geisinger Health System, Danville, Pennsylvania, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 26:w181-91. 2007..We consider how electronic health records (EHRs) will help narrow this gap by accelerating the creation of evidence relevant to everyday practice needs and facilitating real-time use of knowledge in practice...
- Patient experiences and attitudes about access to a patient electronic health care record and linked web messagingAndrea Hassol
Abt Associates Inc, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 11:505-13. 2004..The objective of our study was to evaluate patients' values and perceptions regarding Web-based communication with their primary care providers in the context of access to their electronic health care record...