Glenn D Steele
Affiliation: Geisinger Medical Center
- Continuous innovation in health care: implications of the Geisinger experienceRonald A Paulus
Geisinger Health System in Danville, Pennsylvania, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 27:1235-45. 2008..Although Geisinger's characteristics raise serious questions about broad applicability to nonintegrated health care organizations, its experience can provide useful insights for health system reform...
- How Geisinger's advanced medical home model argues the case for rapid-cycle innovationGlenn D Steele
Geisinger Health System, Danville, PA, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 29:2047-53. 2010..We hypothesize that the most important ingredient in our model has been the embedding of nurse case managers into our community practices and the real-time feedback of data on the use of health services by the most complex patients...
- Honoring Walter Lawrence, Jr., MD: Society of Surgical Oncology President 1979-80Glenn D Steele
Geisinger Health Systems/MC 22-01, Danville, Pennsylvania 17822, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 9:519-23. 2002
- ProvenCare lung cancer: a multi-institutional improvement collaborativeMark R Katlic
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center, Wilkes Barre, PA, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 61:382-96. 2011..Now, under the auspices of the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, ProvenCare has been adapted to a multi-institutional collaborative for the care of the patient with resectable lung cancer...
- Reducing long-term cost by transforming primary care: evidence from Geisinger's medical home modelDaniel D Maeng
Geisinger Center for Health Research, Danville, PA 17822, USA
Am J Manag Care 18:149-55. 2012..To estimate cost savings associated with ProvenHealth Navigator (PHN), which is an advanced model of patient-centered medical homes (PCMHs) developed by Geisinger Health System, and determine whether those savings increase over time...
- A validated value-based model to improve hospital-wide perioperative outcomes: adaptability to combined medical/surgical inpatient cohortsThanjavur S Ravikumar
Divisions of Quality Innovation, Geisinger Health System, Wilkes Barre, PA 18711, USA
Ann Surg 252:486-96; discussion 496-8. 2010....
- Reengineering acute episodic and chronic care delivery: the Geisinger Health System experienceJonathan R Slotkin
Department of Neurosurgery, Geisinger Health System, Danville, Pennsylvania, USA
Neurosurg Focus 33:E16. 2012..Neurosurgery as a specialty faces unique challenges and opportunities with respect to broad adoption and application of CER techniques...
- "ProvenCareSM": a provider-driven pay-for-performance program for acute episodic cardiac surgical careAlfred S Casale
Richard and Marion Pearsall Heart Hospital, Geisinger Health System, Danville, Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania 18711, USA
Ann Surg 246:613-21; discussion 621-3. 2007..To test whether an integrated delivery system could successfully implement an evidence-based pay-for-performance program for coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery...
- Society of Surgical Oncology Heritage Award: honoring Glenn D. Steele, Jr., MD, PhDNicholas Petrelli
Ann Surg Oncol 15:1553-4. 2008