Affiliation: Geisinger Medical Center
- Measuring outcomes of type 2 diabetes disease management program in an HMO settingIbrahim Awad Ibrahim
College of Health and Human Development, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, USA
South Med J 95:78-87. 2002..No strong relationship between clinical indicators and health status was found. Future research is needed using a more specific health status measuring instrument and a randomized clinical trial design...
- Disease management and the Medicare Modernization Act: "It's the insurance, stupid"Jaan Sidorov
Care Coordination, Geisinger Health Plan, Danville, Pennsylvania 17821, USA
Dis Manag 8:331-8. 2005..These include more time to treat more patients with acute illness, lower practice costs, opportunities to collaborate over quality, and a greater ability to achieve quality targets set by pay-for-performance arrangements...
- Disease management for diabetes mellitus: impact on hemoglobin A1cJ Sidorov
Division of Endocrinology, Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA, USA
Am J Manag Care 6:1217-26. 2000..To describe outcomes associated with a health maintenance organization (HMO)-sponsored disease management program for diabetes...
- It Ain't Necessarily So: The Electronic Health Record And The Unlikely Prospect Of Reducing Health Care CostsJaan Sidorov
Department of General Internal Medicine, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, Pennsylvania, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 25:1079-85. 2006..Absent other fundamental interventions that alter medical practice, it is unlikely that the U.S. health care bill will decline as a result of the EHR alone...
- Does diabetes disease management save money and improve outcomes? A report of simultaneous short-term savings and quality improvement associated with a health maintenance organization-sponsored disease management program among patients fulfilling health eJaan Sidorov
Care Coordination Program, Geisinger Health Plan, Danville, Pennsylvania 17822 3020, USA
Diabetes Care 25:684-9. 2002....
- "My patients are sicker:" using the Pra risk survey for case finding and examining primary care site utilization patterns in a medicare-risk MCOJaan Sidorov
Care Coordination Program, Geisinger Health Plan, Danville, PA 17822 3035, USA
Am J Manag Care 8:569-75. 2002....
- Use of the short form 36 in a primary care based disease management program for patients with congestive heart failureJaan Sidorov
Care Coordination Program, Geisinger Health Plan, Hughes Office Building 1st Floor, Danville, PA 17822 3020, USA
Dis Manag 6:111-7. 2003..However, our findings and success with the use of this tool indicate the SF-36 can be an important part of the ongoing assessment of patients in a disease management program for CHF...
- Case study of a failed merger of hospital systemsJaan Sidorov
Geisinger Health Plan, Hughes Office Building North, Woodbine Lane, Danville, PA 17821, USA
Manag Care 12:56-60. 2003....
- Principles for assessing disease management outcomesKaren Fitzner
Disease Management Association of America, Washington, DC 20004, USA
Dis Manag 7:191-201. 2004..This paper presents the Steering Committee's "Consensus Statement" and "Guiding Principles" for robust evaluation...
- Disease management is not only here to stay but it's bigger than you realizeJaan Sidorov
Department of General Internal Medicine, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA, USA
Physician Exec 28:22-4. 2002
- Computer-assisted technology: not if, not when, but how. A systematic review of interactive computer-assisted technology in diabetes careJaan Sidorov
J Gen Intern Med 21:201-2. 2006
- Reduced health care costs associated with disease management for chronic heart failure: a study using three methods to examine the financial impact of a heart failure disease management program among medicare advantage enrolleesJaan Sidorov
Department of Care Coordination, Geisinger Health Plan, Hughes North Office Building, Woodbine Lane, Danville, PA 17822-3035, USA
J Card Fail 12:594-600. 2006..Given the widespread interest in addressing the rising cost of health care, CHF DM remains an important consideration for Medicare beneficiaries...
- Back to the future: the managed care approach to rheumatoid arthritisJaan Sidorov
Geisinger Health System, Danville, Pennsylvania, USA
Manag Care Interface 20:28-30. 2007..Therefore, MCOs are examining various strategies to provide coverage for these agents in a more cost-effective manner...
- Does the chronic care model signal big changes for DM?Jaan Sidorov
Manag Care 16:36-8, 41. 2007
- Oncology and managed careJaan Sidorov
Managed Care Interface, Bronxville, New York 10708, USA
Manag Care Interface 20:34-5, 46. 2007
- Heart disease and managed careJaan Sidorov
Manag Care Interface 21:21-3. 2008....