Robert M Perkins
Affiliation: Geisinger Medical Center
- Variability in estimated glomerular filtration rate is an independent risk factor for death among patients with stage 3 chronic kidney diseaseRobert M Perkins
Nephrology Department, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, Pennsylvania 17822, USA
Kidney Int 82:1332-8. 2012..The prognostic utility of complementing existing risk stratification metrics with dynamic changes in GFR among patients with CKD warrants investigation...
- GFR decline and mortality risk among patients with chronic kidney diseaseRobert M Perkins
Henry Hood Center for Health Research, MC 44 00, 100 North Academy Avenue, Danville, PA 17822, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 6:1879-86. 2011....
- Bisphosphonate therapy, death, and cardiovascular events among female patients with CKD: a retrospective cohort studyJames E Hartle
Nephrology Department, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 59:636-44. 2012..We hypothesized that bisphosphonate therapy would reduce the risk of mortality and cardiovascular events in this population...
- Increased risk of death and de novo chronic kidney disease following reversible acute kidney injuryIon D Bucaloiu
Department of Nephrology, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, Pennsylvania, USA
Kidney Int 81:477-85. 2012..91). Thus, a resolved episode of hospital-associated acute kidney injury has important implications for the longitudinal surveillance of patients without preexisting, clinically evident kidney disease...
- Acute kidney injury in the critically ill, morbidly obese patient: diagnostic and therapeutic challenges in a unique patient populationIon D Bucaloiu
Department of Nephrology, Geisinger Medical Center, 100 North Academy Avenue, Danville, PA 17822, USA
Crit Care Clin 26:607-24. 2010..Lastly, the authors review some of the challenges and limitations in providing renal support to critically ill MO individuals, and identify potential areas for future research in this population...
- Fat-free weight prediction in morbidly obese femalesIon D Bucaloiu
Department of Nephrology, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA
Int J Nephrol Renovasc Dis 4:149-55. 2011..Precise estimation of creatinine clearance in obese individuals relies on the appropriate assessment of lean body weight (LBW). Anthropometric methods of predicting LBW have not been validated in morbidly obese populations...
- Death and cardiovascular events after bacteriuria among adult women with chronic kidney diseaseSusmitha Dhanyamraju
Department of Nephrology, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA, USA
Int J Nephrol Renovasc Dis 5:143-50. 2012..The impact of bacteriuria on mortality and cardiovascular risk has not been previously reported for patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD)...