Ronald A Paulus
Affiliation: Geisinger Medical Center
- Continuous innovation in health care: implications of the Geisinger experienceRonald A Paulus
Geisinger Health System in Danville, Pennsylvania, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 27:1235-45. 2008..Although Geisinger's characteristics raise serious questions about broad applicability to nonintegrated health care organizations, its experience can provide useful insights for health system reform...
- Bridging the inferential gap: the electronic health record and clinical evidenceWalter F Stewart
Center for Health Research, Geisinger Clinic, Geisinger Health System, Danville, Pennsylvania, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 26:w181-91. 2007..We consider how electronic health records (EHRs) will help narrow this gap by accelerating the creation of evidence relevant to everyday practice needs and facilitating real-time use of knowledge in practice...
- "ProvenCareSM": a provider-driven pay-for-performance program for acute episodic cardiac surgical careAlfred S Casale
Richard and Marion Pearsall Heart Hospital, Geisinger Health System, Danville, Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania 18711, USA
Ann Surg 246:613-21; discussion 621-3. 2007..To test whether an integrated delivery system could successfully implement an evidence-based pay-for-performance program for coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery...
- EHR safety: the way forward to safe and effective systemsJames M Walker
Geisinger Health System, MC 30 06, 100 North Academy Avenue, Danville, PA 17822 3006, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 15:272-7. 2008....
- How Geisinger's advanced medical home model argues the case for rapid-cycle innovationGlenn D Steele
Geisinger Health System, Danville, PA, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 29:2047-53. 2010..We hypothesize that the most important ingredient in our model has been the embedding of nurse case managers into our community practices and the real-time feedback of data on the use of health services by the most complex patients...