Daniel D Maeng
Affiliation: Geisinger Medical Center
- Improving patient experience by transforming primary care: evidence from Geisinger's patient-centered medical homesDaniel D Maeng
Geisinger Health System, Danville, PA, USA
Popul Health Manag 16:157-63. 2013..These findings are consistent with the expectation that transformation of primary care into PCMH can lead to improved patient experience of care...
- Comparing patient outcomes across payer types: implications for using hospital discharge records to assess qualityDaniel D Maeng
Geisinger Center for Health Research, 100 N Academy Avenue M C 44 00, Danville, PA 17822, USA
Health Serv Res 46:1720-40. 2011..To explain observed differences in patient outcomes across payer types using hospital discharge records. Specifically, we address two mechanisms: hospital-payer matching versus unobserved patient heterogeneity...
- Care coordination for the chronically ill: understanding the patient's perspectiveDaniel D Maeng
Geisinger Center for Health Research, 100 N Academy Ave M C 44 00 Danville, PA 17822, USA
Health Serv Res 47:1960-79. 2012..To identify factors associated with perception of care coordination problems among chronically ill patients...
- Can a patient-centered medical home lead to better patient outcomes? The quality implications of Geisinger's ProvenHealth NavigatorDaniel D Maeng
Geisinger Health System, Danville, PA 17822, USA
Am J Med Qual 27:210-6. 2012..The results show that, despite its relatively short period of existence, PHN has led to significant improvements in certain outcomes, further illustrating its potential as a care delivery model to be adopted on a wider scale...
- Reducing long-term cost by transforming primary care: evidence from Geisinger's medical home modelDaniel D Maeng
Geisinger Center for Health Research, Danville, PA 17822, USA
Am J Manag Care 18:149-55. 2012..To estimate cost savings associated with ProvenHealth Navigator (PHN), which is an advanced model of patient-centered medical homes (PCMHs) developed by Geisinger Health System, and determine whether those savings increase over time...