Daniel D Maeng
Affiliation: Geisinger Medical Center
- Reduced Acute Inpatient Care Was Largest Savings Component Of Geisinger Health System's Patient-Centered Medical HomeDaniel D Maeng
Daniel D Maeng is a research investigator for the Center for Health Research at Geisinger Health System, in Danville, Pennsylvania
Health Aff (Millwood) 34:636-44. 2015..The results of this study suggest that patient-centered medical homes can lead to sustainable, long-term improvements in patient health outcomes and the cost of care. ..
- Improving patient experience by transforming primary care: evidence from Geisinger's patient-centered medical homesDaniel D Maeng
Geisinger Health System, Danville, PA, USA
Popul Health Manag 16:157-63. 2013..These findings are consistent with the expectation that transformation of primary care into PCMH can lead to improved patient experience of care...
- Comparing patient outcomes across payer types: implications for using hospital discharge records to assess qualityDaniel D Maeng
Geisinger Center for Health Research, 100 N Academy Avenue M C 44 00, Danville, PA 17822, USA
Health Serv Res 46:1720-40. 2011..To explain observed differences in patient outcomes across payer types using hospital discharge records. Specifically, we address two mechanisms: hospital-payer matching versus unobserved patient heterogeneity...
- Care coordination for the chronically ill: understanding the patient's perspectiveDaniel D Maeng
Geisinger Center for Health Research, 100 N Academy Ave M C 44 00 Danville, PA 17822, USA
Health Serv Res 47:1960-79. 2012..To identify factors associated with perception of care coordination problems among chronically ill patients...
- Can a patient-centered medical home lead to better patient outcomes? The quality implications of Geisinger's ProvenHealth NavigatorDaniel D Maeng
Geisinger Health System, Danville, PA 17822, USA
Am J Med Qual 27:210-6. 2012..The results show that, despite its relatively short period of existence, PHN has led to significant improvements in certain outcomes, further illustrating its potential as a care delivery model to be adopted on a wider scale...
- Reducing long-term cost by transforming primary care: evidence from Geisinger's medical home modelDaniel D Maeng
Geisinger Center for Health Research, Danville, PA 17822, USA
Am J Manag Care 18:149-55. 2012..To estimate cost savings associated with ProvenHealth Navigator (PHN), which is an advanced model of patient-centered medical homes (PCMHs) developed by Geisinger Health System, and determine whether those savings increase over time...
- Can health insurance improve employee health outcome and reduce cost? An evaluation of Geisinger's employee health and wellness programDaniel D Maeng
Geisinger Health System Drs Maeng and Steinhubl and Mr Pitcavage and Geisinger Health Plan Ms Tomcavage, Danville, PA
J Occup Environ Med 55:1271-5. 2013..To evaluate the impact of a health plan-driven employee health and wellness program (known as MyHealth Rewards) on health outcomes (stroke and myocardial infarction) and cost of care...
- Cost-effectiveness of IL28Β genotype-guided protease inhibitor triple therapy versus standard of care treatment in patients with hepatitis C genotypes 2 or 3 infectionJonathan A Bock
Weis Center for Research, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA, USA
Public Health Genomics 17:306-19. 2014..Short- and long-term costs and outcomes of SOC therapy were calculated and used to determine the cost-effectiveness thresholds for using triple therapy in HCV genotype 2 or 3 infected patients...