Affiliation: Geisinger Medical Center
- Efficacy and safety of subcutaneous amifostine in minimizing radiation-induced toxicities in patients receiving combined-modality treatment for squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckAmy Law
Department of Hematology Oncology, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA 17822, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 69:1361-8. 2007..To report long-term data from a prospective trial of subcutaneous (s.c.) amifostine in patients who received chemoradiotherapy for squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN)...
- Efficacy and toxicity of adjuvant chemotherapy in elderly patients with colon carcinoma: a 10-year experience of the Geisinger Medical CenterFarid Fata
Department of Hematology Oncology, Geisinger Medical Center, 100 N Academy Avenue, Danville, PA 17822, USA
Cancer 94:1931-8. 2002..Although the benefit from adjuvant chemotherapy has been established clearly in patients with Stage III colon carcinoma, the degree to which elderly patients with colon carcinoma can tolerate such therapy generally has remained unknown...
- Interstitial pneumonitis in a patient with melanoma treated with the high dose interferon alpha 2b regimenNava Siegelmann-Danieli
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA 17822 2001, USA
Isr Med Assoc J 6:636-7. 2004
- Morphoproteomic demonstration of constitutive nuclear factor-kappaB activation in glioblastoma multiforme with genomic correlates and therapeutic implicationsRobert E Brown
Division of Laboratory Medicine, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA, USA
Ann Clin Lab Sci 36:421-6. 2006..Furthermore, such constitutive activation of the NF-kappaB pathway helps to explain some of the tumor biology and supports the incorporation of NF-kappaB pathway inhibitors into the treatment of GBM...
- Overexpression of phosphorylated nuclear factor-kappa B in tonsillar squamous cell carcinoma and high-grade dysplasia is associated with poor prognosisPing L Zhang
Division of Laboratory Medicine, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA 17822 0131, USA
Mod Pathol 18:924-32. 2005....
- Nuclear factor-kappaB pathway as a therapeutic target in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: pharmaceutical and molecular validation in human cell lines using Velcade and siRNA/NF-kappaBMingyue Lun
Weis Center for Research, Geisinger Medical Center, 100 North Academy Ave, Danville, PA 17822, USA
Ann Clin Lab Sci 35:251-8. 2005..p-kappaB complex. The free p-NF-kappaB can then be translocated to the nucleus where it effects transcriptional activation of genes leading to the synthesis of proteins that are generally pro-growth and anti-apoptosis...
- Phase III study of two different dosing schedules of erythropoietin in anemic patients with cancerDavid P Steensma
Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester 55905, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:1079-89. 2006..To compare maintenance epoetin alfa administered once every 3 weeks with continued weekly epoetin alfa for patients with cancer-associated anemia...
- Morphoproteomic and pharmacoproteomic rationale for mTOR effectors as therapeutic targets in head and neck squamous cell carcinomaRobert E Brown
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Houston Medical School, 6431 Fannin Street, Room 2 286, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Ann Clin Lab Sci 36:273-82. 2006..In conclusion, these morphoproteomic and pharmacoproteomic data collectively provide a rationale for selecting mTOR effectors as therapeutic targets in HNSCC...