Robert S Galvin
Affiliation: GE Healthcare
- Between a rock and a hard place: understanding the employer mind-setRobert S Galvin
Global Health Care, General Electric Company in Fairfield, Connecticut, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 25:1548-55. 2006..As a result, employers are likely to become more interested than at any time in the past decade in exiting their roles as providers of health benefits...
- Has the leapfrog group had an impact on the health care market?Robert S Galvin
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 24:228-33. 2005..This paper examines the impact of the Leapfrog Group and its efforts to address the challenges of employer initiatives...
- Why employers need to rethink how they buy health careRobert S Galvin
Global Health Care, General Electric Company in Fairfield, and Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 24:1549-53. 2005..To purchase effectively, both health care expertise and the sustained commitment of senior leadership are needed. Whether employers can reverse their historical performance and become better purchasers is an open question...
- Using performance measurement to drive improvement: a road map for changeRobert S Galvin
Global Health Care Division, General Electric Company, Fairfield, Connecticut, USA
Med Care 41:I48-60. 2003..Leadership and coordination are necessary to ensure these steps are taken and that they work in concert with one another...
- Quality improvement effortsSuzanne Delbanco
Health Aff (Millwood) 22:247; author reply 247-8. 2003
- Private sector slow to actRobert S Galvin
Health Aff (Millwood) 23:287. 2004
- Transparency is a prerequisite of pay for performanceFrancois de Brantes
General Electric Company, 3135 Easton Turnpike, Fairfield, CT, USA
Am Heart Hosp J 2:170-4. 2004
- Still in the game--harnessing employer inventiveness in U.S. health care reformRobert S Galvin
General Electric, Fairfield, CT, USA
N Engl J Med 359:1421-3. 2008