John P Fruehauf
- Docetaxel and vinorelbine plus GM-CSF in malignant melanomaJohn P Fruehauf
University of California Irvine, Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, Orange, California 92868, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 19:19-22. 2005..The DVS regimen was active against advanced melanoma in both previously treated and untreated patients. A larger study to confirm the activity of the DVS regimen for stage IV melanoma is currently under way...
- Assay-assisted treatment selection for women with breast or ovarian cancerJohn P Fruehauf
Oncotech Inc, 15501 Redhill Avenue Tustin, CA 92780, USA
Recent Results Cancer Res 161:126-45. 2003..These data suggest that in vitro drug response assays can accurately predict drug resistance and can identify patients who are more or less likely to benefit from a given agent...
- Multicenter, phase II study of axitinib, a selective second-generation inhibitor of vascular endothelial growth factor receptors 1, 2, and 3, in patients with metastatic melanomaJohn Fruehauf
University of California, Irvine, Orange, 92868, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:7462-9. 2011....
- Prospective evaluation of an in vitro radiation resistance assay in locally advanced cancer of the uterine cervix: a Southwest Oncology Group StudyLeslie M Randall
Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California Irvine Medical Center, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Gynecol Oncol 119:417-21. 2010..To investigate the feasibility of performing a fresh-tissue, in vitro radiation resistance assay (IVRRA) in a cooperative group setting and to assess the association of IVRRA results with clinical outcomes...
- Predictive and prognostic angiogenic markers in a gynecologic oncology group phase II trial of bevacizumab in recurrent and persistent ovarian or peritoneal cancerErnest S Han
University of California Irvine, Orange, CA, USA
Gynecol Oncol 119:484-90. 2010..Potential predictive/prognostic angiogenic markers were prospectively examined in a phase II trial of bevacizumab in epithelial ovarian cancer (EOC)/primary peritoneal cancer (PPC)...
- Conservation of in vitro drug resistance patterns in epithelial ovarian carcinomaKrishnansu S Tewari
The Division of Gynecologic Oncology, The Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, Irvine Medical Center, 101 The City Drive, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Gynecol Oncol 98:360-8. 2005..To compare the in vitro drug resistance profiles of advanced stage primary and recurrent epithelial ovarian cancer specimens using the tritiated thymidine uptake assay...
- Prognostic relevance of carbonic anhydrase-IX in high-risk, early-stage cervical cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group studyShu Yuan Liao
Department of Epidemiology, University of California at Irvine, School of Medicine, Irvine, CA, USA
Gynecol Oncol 116:452-8. 2010....
- In vitro drug response and molecular markers associated with drug resistance in malignant gliomasJohn P Fruehauf
University of California Irvine Chao Family Clinical Cancer Research Center, Orange, 92868, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:4523-32. 2006....
- Markers of angiogenesis in high-risk, early-stage cervical cancer: A Gynecologic Oncology Group studyLeslie M Randall
Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California Irvine Medical Center, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Gynecol Oncol 112:583-9. 2009..To determine whether markers of tumor angiogenesis were associated with progression-free survival (PFS) and overall survival (OS) in women with high-risk, early-stage cervical cancer treated on a phase III trial...
- Phase II clinical trial evaluating docetaxel, vinorelbine and GM-CSF in stage IV melanomaZeynep Eroglu
Departments of Medicine, University of California Irvine Medical Center, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 68:1081-7. 2011..Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) has shown activity as an adjuvant melanoma therapy. We carried out a phase II study of these agents in patients with stage IV melanoma...
- Redox-related antimelanoma activity of ATN-224Valerie Trapp
Clinical Pharmacology and Developmental Therapeutics, University of California Irvine Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, Orange, California, USA
Melanoma Res 19:350-60. 2009..These data suggest that strategically tailoring combination regimens that include ATN-224 and target ROS may be a viable approach to advance the treatment of melanoma...
- Correlation of dynamic contrast enhancement MRI parameters with microvessel density and VEGF for assessment of angiogenesis in breast cancerMin Ying Su
Center for Functional Onco Imaging and Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California Irvine, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 18:467-77. 2003....
- Anti-angiogenic effects of resveratrol mediated by decreased VEGF and increased TSP1 expression in melanoma-endothelial cell co-cultureValerie Trapp
Clinical Pharmacology and Developmental Therapeutics, University of California Irvine Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, 101 The City Drive South, Bld 55, Rm 324, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Angiogenesis 13:305-15. 2010..This effect was associated with increased melanoma cell expression of tumor suppressor protein 53 and matrix protein TSP1, as well as decreased hypoxia-driven expression of hypoxia inducible factor-1α and inhibition of VEGF production...
- Reactive oxygen species: an Achilles' heel of melanoma?John P Fruehauf
University of California Irvine, Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, CA, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 8:1751-7. 2008..A recent randomized Phase II trial with elesclomol, an agent that generates ROS, in combination with paclitaxel led to improved patient survival, suggesting that this may be a viable approach to advance the treatment of melanoma...
- Gene expression profiling of in vitro radiation resistance in cervical carcinoma: a feasibility studyDevansu Tewari
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of California Irvine Medical Center, 101 The City Drive South, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Gynecol Oncol 99:84-91. 2005..To determine the feasibility of integrating an in vitro chemo-radiation response assay (IVRRA) with a gene microarray system to investigate the molecular patterns of expression that contribute to radiation resistance in cervical cancer...
- In vitro chemoresistance and biomarker profiles are unique for histologic subtypes of epithelial ovarian cancerNoelle Gillette Cloven
University of California Irvine, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Gynecol Oncol 92:160-6. 2004..Biomarker profiles (p53, Her-2 neu, and EGFR) were also evaluated to determine if their expression patterns were associated with histology...
- A phase II study of gemcitabine and oxaliplatin in advanced transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderZeynep Eroglu
Department of Medicine, Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California Irvine, Orange, CA, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 72:263-7. 2013..These findings suggest that GEMOX is an active combination in advanced bladder cancer patients with reduced renal function...
- Measurement of volumetric and vascular changes with dynamic contrast enhanced MRI for cancer therapy monitoringMin Ying Su
John Tu and Thomas Yuen Center for Functional Onco Imaging, University of California, Irvine Hall 164, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Technol Cancer Res Treat 1:479-88. 2002..The vascular properties measured by macromolecular contrast medium may have the potential to serve as early therapeutic efficacy indicators...
- A prospective blinded study of the predictive value of an extreme drug resistance assay in patients receiving CPT-11 for recurrent gliomaRicardo J Parker
Oncotech, Inc, Tustin, CA 92780, USA
J Neurooncol 66:365-75. 2004..008). At last follow-up, two of three survivors were patients who had tumors IDR/LDR to SN38. These prospective data support the notion that patients should avoid agents to which their tumor demonstrates EDR...
- The effect of bevacizumab (Avastin) on neuroimaging of brain metastasesMarlon S Mathews
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California Irvine, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Surg Neurol 70:649-52; discussion 653. 2008..Bevacizumab is a monoclonal antibody that binds to, and inactivates, VEGF and is believed to be antiangiogenic...
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome/toxic epidermal necrolysis in a patient receiving concurrent radiation and gemcitabineKaren R Sommers
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of California and Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, Irvine, CA, USA
Anticancer Drugs 14:659-62. 2003..This report describes a serious potential complication of concurrent gemcitabine and radiotherapy...
- Mathematical modeling of cancer progression and response to chemotherapySandeep Sanga
University of California, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Irvine, 3120, CA 92697 2715, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 6:1361-76. 2006....
- A tale of two growth factorsJohn P Fruehauf
University of California Irvine Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Pharmacotherapy 26:443-4; discussion 444. 2006
- Reactive oxygen species: a breath of life or death?John P Fruehauf
Department of Medicine, Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, Irvine, Orange, California 92668, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:789-94. 2007..This review will cover recent work in ROS-mediated signaling in cancer cells and its potential as a target for developmental therapeutics...
- Development of an in vitro chemo-radiation response assay for cervical carcinomaBradley J Monk
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of California, Irvine, Orange, California 92868, USA
Gynecol Oncol 87:193-9. 2002..To determine if synergistic effects of radiation (RT) and chemotherapy (chemo) on human cervical carcinoma cell lines and fresh tumor explants could be determined using an in vitro assay...
- Pharmacogenomics of colorectal cancer prevention and treatmentHoa Nguyen
University of California Irvine Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, Orange, California, USA
Cancer Invest 24:630-9. 2006..This review focuses on current knowledge regarding key mutations and polymorphisms which affect outcomes for colorectal cancer patients, as well as the pharmacogenetics of chemoprevention trials...
- Factors associated with success of the extreme drug resistance assay in primary breast cancer specimensRobert J Ellis
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66160, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 71:95-102. 2002..These results may be helpful for designing possible future trials that evaluate the assay's role in adjuvant chemotherapy selection...
- In vitro drug resistance versus chemosensitivity: two sides of different coinsJohn P Fruehauf
J Clin Oncol 23:3641-3; author reply 3646-8. 2005
- Association between in vitro platinum resistance in the EDR assay and clinical outcomes for ovarian cancer patientsRobert W Holloway
Walt Disney Memorial Cancer Institute at Florida Hospital, Orlando, FL 32804, USA
Gynecol Oncol 87:8-16. 2002....
- Extreme drug resistance in primary brain tumors: in vitro analysis of 64 resection specimensRaymond I Haroun
Department of Neurosurgery, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Neurooncol 58:115-23. 2002....
- Endometriosis-associated ovarian carcinoma: differential expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and estrogen/progesterone receptorsMarcela G del Carmen
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics Department of Oncology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Cancer 98:1658-63. 2003..Using immunohistochemical methods, we compared the differential expression patterns of various cytokines and growth factors in atypical endometriosis (AE) and EAOC...
- Breast cancer chemoprevention phase I evaluation of biomarker modulation by arzoxifene, a third generation selective estrogen receptor modulatorCarol J Fabian
University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:5403-17. 2004..We performed a multi-institutional evaluation of arzoxifene in women with newly diagnosed ductal carcinoma in situ or T1/T2 invasive cancer...
- The relationship of molecular markers of p53 function and angiogenesis to prognosis of stage I epithelial ovarian cancerMichael J Goodheart
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:3733-42. 2005..Multiple angiogenic factors may influence tumor progression and metastasis. Several are modified by the p53 gene. We sought to identify molecular markers for high-risk stage I epithelial ovarian cancers...
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor in early cutaneous melanocytic lesion progressionJanine G Einspahr
Department of Medicine, Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Cancer 110:2519-27. 2007..Tumor angiogenesis likely plays a critical role in early development of melanoma, and intermediate biomarkers of angiogenesis could be useful as chemoprevention and prognostic markers...