Affiliation: Friends Research Institute
- Bringing buprenorphine-naloxone detoxification to community treatment providers: the NIDA Clinical Trials Network field experienceLeslie Amass
Friends Research Institute, Inc, 11075 Santa Monica Boulevard, Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Am J Addict 13:S42-66. 2004....
- Thrice-weekly supervised dosing with the combination buprenorphine-naloxone tablet is preferred to daily supervised dosing by opioid-dependent humansL Amass
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Vine Street Center, 1741 Vine Street, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 61:173-81. 2001..Almost all subjects (91%) rated 3-day take-home as the most preferred schedule. Overall, reducing clinic attendance improved medication compliance and increased client satisfaction without impacting illicit drug use...
- A tale of two cities: financing two voucher programs for substance abusers through community donationsLeslie Amass
Friends Research Institute, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 12:147-55. 2004..The methods in this article can serve as a guide for successful donation solicitation campaigns. Donations offer an alternative for obtaining VBRT rewards for substance abuse treatment and may increase its dissemination...
- Efficacy of daily and alternate-day dosing regimens with the combination buprenorphine-naloxone tabletL Amass
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Vine Street Center, Denver 80206, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 58:143-52. 2000..This study also suggests slightly improved outcomes during alternate-day treatment using multiples of the daily dose...
- Alternate-day buprenorphine dosing is preferred to daily dosing by opioid-dependent humansL Amass
Department of Psychiatry, University of Colorado, School of Medicine, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 136:217-25. 1998..Choice of alternate-day buprenorphine administration underscores the procedure's clinical utility and potential use as a positive reinforcer to enhance opioid treatment...
- Marijuana use and treatment outcome among opioid-dependent patientsA J Budney
University of Vermont, Department of Psychiatry, S Burlington 05403, USA
Addiction 93:493-503. 1998..Information concerning the association between marijuana use and opioid dependence and its treatment is needed to determine effective clinical guidelines for addressing marijuana use among opioid abusers...
- A multi-center randomized trial of buprenorphine-naloxone versus clonidine for opioid detoxification: findings from the National Institute on Drug Abuse Clinical Trials NetworkWalter Ling
David Geffen School of Medicine, NPI Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Addiction 100:1090-100. 2005....
- Using buprenorphine to facilitate entry into residential therapeutic community rehabilitationEric D Collins
Department of Psychiatry, New York State Psychiatric Institute, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 32:167-75. 2007..The findings suggest the potential for buprenorphine to serve as a bridge, improving the viability of long-term residential treatment for managing opioid dependence...
- Using buprenorphine short-term taper to facilitate early treatment engagementGregory S Brigham
Maryhaven, Columbus, OH 43207, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 32:349-56. 2007..Common questions of potential adopters of the BNX taper are presented and addressed. Overall, BNX was readily integrated into the existing treatment service...
- A history of sexual, emotional, or physical abuse predicts adjustment during opioid maintenance treatmentSTEVEN A BRANSTETTER
Department of Psychology, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506 6040, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 34:208-14. 2008..Victims of abuse may present to substance abuse treatment with weaknesses in the areas of family relations, psychiatric status, and alcohol use. The nature of these problems and their trajectory over time differed by sex...
- Predictors of internalizing and externalizing problems among children of cocaine and opiate dependent parentsCatherine Stanger
Department of Psychiatry, University of Vermont, 1 South Prospect Street, Burlington, VT 05401 3456, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 66:199-212. 2002..For drug dependent fathers, family problems were an independent predictor of children's problems...
- Buprenorphine use: the international experienceMaria Patrizia Carrieri
INSERM U379, Marseilles, France
Clin Infect Dis 43:S197-215. 2006....
- CONTINGENCY MANAGEMENT FOR REAL-LIFE DRUG TREATMENTLeslie Amass; Fiscal Year: 2004..Overall, these studies will guide practitioners in the use of CM for real-life drug abuse treatment. ..
- VOUCHER-BASED INCENTIVES IN A PREVENTION SETTINGLeslie Amass; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- VOUCHER-BASED INCENTIVES IN A PREVENTION SETTINGLeslie Amass; Fiscal Year: 2004..If it is, other prevention programs may adopt our community-sponsored VBRT strategy, helping to remove a major obstacle to disseminating a highly efficacious intervention for substance abuse. ..