Arthur H Friedlander
- Do carotid atheromas on panoramic images prognosticate arterial calcifications on mammograms: acknowledged markers of future adverse cardiovascular events?Arthur H Friedlander
Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Dentistry, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol 114:526-32. 2012....
- The adult suicide-prone patient: a review of the medical literature and implications for oral and maxillofacial surgeonsArthur H Friedlander
VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, 11301 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 70:1253-60. 2012..Because suicide often is preventable, in this report we review methods that are useful in identifying individuals at risk of imminent suicide and give suggestions for obtaining interventional assistance...
- Prevalence of calcified carotid artery atheromas on the panoramic images of patients with syndrome Z, coexisting obstructive sleep apnea, and metabolic syndromeTina I Chang
Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol 113:134-41. 2012....
- Panoramic radiographs of head and neck cancer patients are often evidence of carotid artery atherosclerotic lesions: a sign of high-risk comorbid illnessArthur H Friedlander
Graduate Medical Education, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 70:1096-101. 2012..The purpose of this study was to estimate the prevalence and identify the risk factors for calcified carotid artery plaque (CCAP) in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck...
- Prevalence of comorbid obstructive sleep apnea and metabolic syndrome: syndrome Z and maxillofacial surgery implicationsJeffrey M Tanner
Oral and Maxillofacial Section, Dental Service, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 70:179-87. 2012....
- Radiographic quantification of chronic dental infection and its relationship to the atherosclerotic process in the carotid arteriesArthur H Friedlander
Graduate Medical Education, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 109:615-21. 2010..We hypothesized that 36 individuals with radiographic carotid atheromas would have more radiographic CDI than risk-matched individuals without atheromas...
- Diagonal ear lobe crease and atherosclerosis: a review of the medical literature and oral and maxillofacial implicationsArthur H Friedlander
Hospital Dental Service, Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 68:3043-50. 2010..The oral and maxillofacial surgery literature, however, offers very little information on the subject...