Jennifer P Friedberg
- Urban stress and health in developing countries: development and validation of a neighborhood stress index for IndiaSonia Suchday
Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Yeshiva University, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Behav Med 32:77-86. 2006..The current study indicates that the City Stress Inventory is valid in an Indian sample and is predictive of health problems...
- The impact of forgiveness on cardiovascular reactivity and recoveryJennifer P Friedberg
Research and Development, Veterans Affairs NY Harbor Healthcare System, New York Campus, 423 East 23rd St Room 13051 C, New York, NY 10010, United States
Int J Psychophysiol 65:87-94. 2007..The results also provide preliminary evidence that forgiveness may impact cardiovascular health not through a myocardial or vascular pathway, but through another mechanism...
- Relationship between forgiveness and psychological and physiological indices in cardiac patientsJennifer P Friedberg
VA NY Harbor Healthcare System, New York Campus, 423 East 23rd St 151, New York, NY 10010, USA
Int J Behav Med 16:205-11. 2009..Research suggests that forgiveness is associated with better psychological and physical health and in particular cardiovascular functioning. Despite these findings, most forgiveness studies involve healthy participants...
- A pilot study measuring the impact of yoga on the trait of mindfulnessDanielle V Shelov
Yeshiva University, New York, USA
Behav Cogn Psychother 37:595-8. 2009..The current study examined whether yoga would increase levels of mindfulness in a healthy population...
- Challenges and recommendations for blinding in behavioral interventions illustrated using a case study of a behavioral intervention to lower blood pressureJennifer P Friedberg
VA New York Harbor Healthcare System, New York, NY, United States
Patient Educ Couns 78:5-11. 2010....
- Usefulness of a run-in period to reduce drop-outs in a randomized controlled trial of a behavioral interventionMichelle Ulmer
VA New York Harbor Healthcare System, New York, NY, USA
Contemp Clin Trials 29:705-10. 2008..We evaluated the usefulness of a simple run-in period to reduce drop-outs in a behavioral intervention to improve blood pressure (BP). In a pilot study where a run-in period was not used, we had a 25% drop-out rate...