Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- UDP-glucuronosyltransferase and sulfotransferase polymorphisms, sex hormone concentrations, and tumor receptor status in breast cancer patientsRachel Sparks
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Breast Cancer Res 6:R488-98. 2004....
- Polymorphisms in PTGS1 (=COX-1) and risk of colorectal polypsCornelia M Ulrich
Cancer Prevention Research Program, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue N, M4 B402, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:889-93. 2004..These preliminary findings require confirmation in larger studies of colorectal neoplasia...
- PTGS2 (COX-2) -765G > C promoter variant reduces risk of colorectal adenoma among nonusers of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugsCornelia M Ulrich
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:616-9. 2005....
- Thromboxane synthase (TBXAS1) polymorphisms in African-American and Caucasian populations: evidence for selective pressureCornelia M Ulrich
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Cancer Prevention Program, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
Hum Mutat 26:394-5. 2005..Given the evolutionary evidence, these variants may be functional and therefore of relevance for disease endpoints related to inflammation and angiogenesis, as well as for the pharmacogenetics of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs...
- TGFbeta1 polymorphism (L10P) and risk of colorectal adenomatous and hyperplastic polypsRachel Sparks
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Int J Epidemiol 33:955-61. 2004..A polymorphism in the signal peptide sequence of the TGFbeta1 gene (L10P) has been associated with increased levels of plasma TGFbeta1 in individuals with the P allele...
- Pharmacogenetics and folate metabolism -- a promising directionCornelia M Ulrich
Cancer Prevention Research Program, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave N, MP 900, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Pharmacogenomics 3:299-313. 2002..Findings to date illustrate the potential for targeting therapy based on patients' genotypes with improved outcomes and reduced toxicity...
- Cyclooxygenase 1 (COX1) polymorphisms in African-American and Caucasian populationsCornelia M Ulrich
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Cancer Prevention Research Program, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Hum Mutat 20:409-10. 2002..More detailed phenotypic characterizations of these COX1 polymorphisms remain to be undertaken...
- Prostaglandin H synthases: members of a class of quasi-linear threshold switchesWilliam D Hazelton
Public Health Sciences Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, M2 B500 Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 68:423-32. 2004..Mathematical modeling helps explain how these adaptations enable the PTGS1 and PTGS2 enzymes to maintain their physiological roles while avoiding potentially damaging consequences...
- Community-onset methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus associated with antibiotic use and the cytotoxin Panton-Valentine leukocidin during a furunculosis outbreak in rural AlaskaHenry C Baggett
Arctic Investigations Program, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Anchorage, Alaska 99508, USA
J Infect Dis 189:1565-73. 2004..During a CO-MRSA skin infection outbreak in Alaska, we assessed risk factors for disease and whether a virulence factor, Panton-Valentine leukocidin (PVL), could account for the high rates of MRSA skin infection in this region...
- Expression, genomic structure and mapping of the thymus specific protease prss16: a candidate gene for insulin dependent diabetes mellitus susceptibilitySaijai Cheunsuk
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California Davis, Davis, CA 95817, USA
J Autoimmun 18:311-6. 2002..These findings support the role of Prss16 in T-cell development and susceptibility to autoimmunity in the mouse...
- A Michaelis-Menten-style model for the autocatalytic enzyme prostaglandin H synthaseJoseph H Tien
Center for Applied Mathematics, Cornell University, 657 Frank H T Rhodes Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Bull Math Biol 67:683-700. 2005..Applying the QSSA for this model can be useful in computationally intensive modeling endeavors involving PGHS...