Affiliation: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Comparison of breast cancer to healthy control tissue discovers novel markers with potential for prognosis and early detectionMichel Schummer
Molecular Diagnostics Program, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9122. 2010....
- Evaluation of ovarian cancer remission markers HE4, MMP7 and Mesothelin by comparison to the established marker CA125Michel Schummer
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Gynecol Oncol 125:65-9. 2012..Evaluate and compare the effectiveness of CA125, HE4, Mesothelin and MMP7 marker levels to monitor ovarian cancer patients after surgery and chemotherapy. Evaluate the lead time of a rise of marker levels before recurrence...
- Breast cancer genomics: normal tissue and cancer markersMichel Schummer
Molecular Diagnostics Program, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1210:78-85. 2010..Here we report the identification of potential breast cancer markers, including some that are overexpressed in aggressive disease...
- The HE4 (WFDC2) protein is a biomarker for ovarian carcinomaIngegerd Hellstrom
Pacific Northwest Research Institute, Seattle, Washington 98122, USA
Cancer Res 63:3695-700. 2003..However, the HE4 assay may have an advantage over the CA125 assay in that it is less frequently positive in patients with nonmalignant disease...
- Activation of the MEK-S6 pathway in high-grade ovarian cancersAviva P Ventura
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 18:499-508. 2010..The phosphorylation of S6 as a specific biomarker for either MEK or PI3-kinase pathway activation should be used with caution...
- Serologic analysis of ovarian tumor antigens reveals a bias toward antigens encoded on 17qBrad Stone
Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason Research Center, Seattle, WA 98101 2795, USA
Int J Cancer 104:73-84. 2003..Thus, these abnormal expression patterns combined with the endogenous immune response suggests that these antigens represent potential targets for immunotherapy...
- Selecting differentially expressed genes from microarray experimentsMargaret Sullivan Pepe
Department of Biostatistics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7232, USA
Biometrics 59:133-42. 2003..Our approach leads naturally to a procedure for sample-size calculations, appropriate for exploratory studies that seek to identify differentially expressed genes...
- Proteomic analysis of ovarian cancer cells reveals dynamic processes of protein secretion and shedding of extra-cellular domainsVitor M Faca
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e2425. 2008..We have characterized the cell surface proteome and the proteins released into the extra-cellular milieu of three ovarian cancer cell lines, CaOV3, OVCAR3 and ES2 and of ovarian tumor cells enriched from ascites fluid...