Elahe A Mostaghel
Affiliation: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Variability in the androgen response of prostate epithelium to 5alpha-reductase inhibition: implications for prostate cancer chemopreventionElahe A Mostaghel
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, D4 100, Seattle, WA 91809, USA
Cancer Res 70:1286-95. 2010..Our findings suggest that AR levels may predict the chemopreventive efficacy of SRD5A inhibitors...
- The basic biochemistry and molecular events of hormone therapyElahe A Mostaghel
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Curr Urol Rep 8:224-32. 2007....
- Resistance to CYP17A1 inhibition with abiraterone in castration-resistant prostate cancer: induction of steroidogenesis and androgen receptor splice variantsElahe A Mostaghel
Division of Clinical Research and Human Biology, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:5913-25. 2011..The effectiveness of abiraterone in reducing tumor androgens is not known, nor have mechanisms contributing to abiraterone resistance been established...
- Intracrine androgen metabolism in prostate cancer progression: mechanisms of castration resistance and therapeutic implicationsElahe A Mostaghel
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 22:243-58. 2008....
- Maintenance of intratumoral androgens in metastatic prostate cancer: a mechanism for castration-resistant tumor growthR Bruce Montgomery
Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Weattle, WA, USA
Cancer Res 68:4447-54. 2008..Maximal therapeutic efficacy in the treatment of castration-resistant prostate cancer will require novel agents capable of inhibiting intracrine steroidogenic pathways within the prostate tumor microenvironment...
- Impact of male hormonal contraception on prostate androgens and androgen action in healthy men: a randomized, controlled trialElahe A Mostaghel
Division of Human Biology and Clinical Research, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:2809-17. 2012..Male hormonal contraception (MHC) combines hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis blockade with exogenous androgen delivery to maintain extragonadal androgen end-organ effects. Concern exists that MHC may adversely impact prostate health...
- Dihydrotestosterone administration does not increase intraprostatic androgen concentrations or alter prostate androgen action in healthy men: a randomized-controlled trialStephanie T Page
Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology, and Nutrition, University of Washington School of Medicine, Box 357138, 1959 NE Pacific Street, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:430-7. 2011..Exogenous androgens raise serum DHT concentrations, but their effects on the prostate are not clear...
- Castration resistance in human prostate cancer is conferred by a frequently occurring androgen receptor splice variantShihua Sun
Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
J Clin Invest 120:2715-30. 2010....
- Intraprostatic androgens and androgen-regulated gene expression persist after testosterone suppression: therapeutic implications for castration-resistant prostate cancerElahe A Mostaghel
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, USA
Cancer Res 67:5033-41. 2007..Optimal clinical efficacy will require testing of novel approaches targeting complete suppression of systemic and intracrine contributions to the prostatic androgen microenvironment...
- Testosterone regulates tight junction proteins and influences prostatic autoimmune responsesJing Meng
Divisions of Human Biology and Clinical Research, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, D4 100, 1100 Fairview Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Horm Cancer 2:145-56. 2011....
- Expression of SLCO transport genes in castration-resistant prostate cancer and impact of genetic variation in SLCO1B3 and SLCO2B1 on prostate cancer outcomesJonathan L Wright
Department of Urology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 20:619-27. 2011....
- Castration-resistant prostate cancer: targeting androgen metabolic pathways in recurrent diseaseElahe A Mostaghel
Division of Human Biology, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Urol Oncol 27:251-7. 2009..Targeting these metabolic enzymes either individually or using combinations of agents to inhibit testicular, adrenal, and intracrine sources may provide enhanced clinical responses in the setting of both localized and metastatic disease...
- Impact of circulating cholesterol levels on growth and intratumoral androgen concentration of prostate tumorsElahe A Mostaghel
Division of Clinical Research, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e30062. 2012....
- Androgen deprivation therapy: progress in understanding mechanisms of resistance and optimizing androgen depletionWilliam P Harris
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and the University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Nat Clin Pract Urol 6:76-85. 2009....
- Intratumoral de novo steroid synthesis activates androgen receptor in castration-resistant prostate cancer and is upregulated by treatment with CYP17A1 inhibitorsChangmeng Cai
Hematology Oncology Division, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Cancer Res 71:6503-13. 2011..Together, our results indicate that CRPCs resistant to CYP17A1 inhibition may remain steroid dependent and therefore responsive to therapies that can further suppress de novo intratumoral steroid synthesis...
- Analysis of testosterone and dihydrotestosterone from biological fluids as the oxime derivatives using high-performance liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometryThomas F Kalhorn
Mass Spectrometry Center, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7610, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 21:3200-6. 2007..Given its high reproducibility, sensitivity, and relative simplicity, this assay should be of use in determining androgen levels in biospecimens, particularly in settings where sample quantity or steroid concentration are low...
- New hormonal therapies for castration-resistant prostate cancerElahe A Mostaghel
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am 40:625-42, x. 2011..This article reviews AR and ligand-dependent mechanisms underlying CRPC progression and the status of novel hormonal therapies targeting the AR axis that are currently in clinical and preclinical development...
- Persistent intraprostatic androgen concentrations after medical castration in healthy menStephanie T Page
University of Washington Medical Center, Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Nutrition, Box 357138, 1959 NE Pacific, Seattle, WA 98195
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:3850-6. 2006..Studies of men with prostate cancer have suggested that prostatic androgens are preserved in the setting of castration. Tissue androgens might stimulate prostate growth, producing adverse clinical consequences...
- Prostate tissue androgens: history and current clinical relevanceLeonard S Marks
Department of Urology, University of California, Los Angeles, Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Urology 72:247-54. 2008..Determination of prostate tissue androgens may soon transition from research tool to clinical test...
- In Vivo Efficacy of Multi-Targeted Androgen Inhibition as Prostate Cancer TherapyElahe Mostaghel; Fiscal Year: 2007....