Affiliation: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Comparing and combining data across multiple sources via integration of paired-sample data to correct for measurement errorYunda Huang
Statistical Center for HIV AIDS Prevention and Research, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Stat Med 31:3748-59. 2012..We illustrate our methods using real enzyme-linked immunosorbent spot assay data generated by two HIV vaccine laboratories...
- Development of an automated analysis system for data from flow cytometric intracellular cytokine staining assays from clinical vaccine trialsNicholas Shulman
LabKey Software Foundation, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Cytometry A 73:847-56. 2008..Routine use of the system does not require specialized expertise. This high-throughput analysis will provide great utility for rapid evaluation of complex multiparameter flow cytometric measurements collected from large clinical trials...
- Extended follow-up confirms early vaccine-enhanced risk of HIV acquisition and demonstrates waning effect over time among participants in a randomized trial of recombinant adenovirus HIV vaccine (Step Study)Ann Duerr
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
J Infect Dis 206:258-66. 2012..97; P=1.0) over all follow-up time. Conclusions: The vaccine-associated risk seen in interim analysis was confirmed but waned with time from vaccination...
- HIV-DNA priming alters T cell responses to HIV-adenovirus vaccine even when responses to DNA are undetectableStephen C De Rosa
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Immunol 187:3391-401. 2011....
- Impact of herpes simplex virus type 2 on HIV-1 acquisition and progression in an HIV vaccine trial (the Step study)Ruanne V Barnabas
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 57:238-44. 2011..To explore these relationships, we examined the impact of preexisting HSV-2 infection in an international HIV vaccine trial...
- Role of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-specific T-cell immunity in control of dual HIV-1 and HIV-2 infectionNatalie N Zheng
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Virol 81:9061-71. 2007..In conclusion, the T-cell memory responses associated with containment of single HIV-1 and HIV-2 infection play a similar significant role in the immune control of dual HIV-1 and HIV-2 infection...
- Vaccine-induced HIV-specific CD8+ T cells utilize preferential HLA alleles and target-specific regions of HIV-1David Friedrich
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 58:248-52. 2011..Thus, HLA immunodominance plays a substantial role in vaccine-induced T-cell responses...
- New clinical trial designs for HIV vaccine evaluationZoe Moodie
aVaccine and Infectious Disease Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center bDepartment of Biostatistics, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 8:436-41. 2013....
- Human adenovirus-specific T cells modulate HIV-specific T cell responses to an Ad5-vectored HIV-1 vaccineNicole Frahm
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Division and HIV Vaccine Trials Network, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
J Clin Invest 122:359-67. 2012..These findings provide what we believe to be a new understanding of how preexisting viral immunity may impact the efficacy of vaccines under current evaluation for prevention of HIV, tuberculosis, and malaria...
- Optimization and validation of an 8-color intracellular cytokine staining (ICS) assay to quantify antigen-specific T cells induced by vaccinationHelen Horton
Program in Infectious Diseases, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center FHCRC, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
J Immunol Methods 323:39-54. 2007..In conclusion, we provide the first description of a quantitatively validated ICS assay, which permits quantitative and qualitative evaluation of vaccine-induced immunogenicity and analysis of immune correlates of protection...