Affiliation: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Associations of insulin-like growth factor and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 with mortality in women with breast cancerCatherine Duggan
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Public Health Sciences, Seattle, WA
Int J Cancer 132:1191-200. 2013..In conclusion, high serum levels of IGF-1 and the IGF-1/IGFBP-3 ratio were associated with increased risk of all-cause mortality in women with breast cancer. These results need to be confirmed in larger breast cancer survivor cohorts...
- Cervical cancer screening and adherence to follow-up among Hispanic women study protocol: a randomized controlled trial to increase the uptake of cervical cancer screening in Hispanic womenCatherine Duggan
Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Centre, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
BMC Cancer 12:170. 2012..The study will assess the efficacy of two culturally-appropriate, tailored educational programs designed to increase cervical cancer screening among Hispanic women, based in the Yakima Valley, Washington, US...
- Associations of insulin resistance and adiponectin with mortality in women with breast cancerCatherine Duggan
Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave N, MD B306, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:32-9. 2011..Here, we evaluate whether low levels of adiponectin and a greater level of insulin resistance are associated with breast cancer mortality and all-cause mortality...
- Effects of a caloric restriction weight loss diet and exercise on inflammatory biomarkers in overweight/obese postmenopausal women: a randomized controlled trialIkuyo Imayama
Epidemiology Program, Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Cancer Res 72:2314-26. 2012..Our findings indicate that a caloric restriction weight loss diet with or without exercise reduces biomarkers of inflammation in postmenopausal women, with potential clinical significance for cancer risk reduction...
- Dietary weight loss and exercise interventions effects on quality of life in overweight/obese postmenopausal women: a randomized controlled trialIkuyo Imayama
Public Health Sciences Division, Fred Hutchison Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 8:118. 2011..The secondary aim was to investigate predictors of changes in HRQOL...
- Recruiting underrepresented groups into the Carbohydrates and Related Biomarkers (CARB) cancer prevention feeding studyGloria D Coronado
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Contemp Clin Trials 33:641-6. 2012..Both strategies recruited nearly equal percentages of African Americans. These data suggest that different strategies are needed to effectively recruit racial/ethnic population subgroups into intervention studies...
- Effects of 12-month exercise on health-related quality of life: a randomized controlled trialIkuyo Imayama
Epidemiology, Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Prev Med 52:344-51. 2011..We investigated exercise effects on health-related quality of life (HRQOL) and exercise self-efficacy, and tested effect modification by baseline body mass index (BMI) and gender...