H Hoai Do
Affiliation: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Knowledge about cervical cancer risk factors, traditional health beliefs, and Pap testing among Vietnamese American womenH Hoai Do
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, PO Box 19024, M3 B232, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 9:109-14. 2007..The objective of this paper was to examine knowledge about cervical cancer risk factors and traditional health beliefs in relation to Papanicolaou (Pap) testing among Vietnamese women...
- Hepatitis B knowledge and practices among Cambodian AmericansVictoria M Taylor
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 12:957-61. 2011..This health disparity can be attributed to high rates of hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection. We examined HBV awareness, knowledge about HBV transmission, HBV testing levels, and HBV vaccination levels among Cambodian Americans...
- Pap smear receipt among Vietnamese immigrants: the importance of health care factorsVictoria M Taylor
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Division of Public Health Sciences, Washington, DC, USA
Ethn Health 14:575-89. 2009..Our objective was to provide information about Pap testing barriers and facilitators that could be used to develop cervical cancer control intervention programs for Vietnamese American women...
- Understanding HPV vaccine uptake among Cambodian American girlsVictoria M Taylor
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, M3 B232, Seattle, WA, 98109, USA
J Community Health 39:857-62. 2014..These programs should aim to enhance understanding of disease prevention measures, increase knowledge about the HPV vaccine and empower women to ask their daughter's doctors for HPV vaccination...
- Opinions from ESL instructors and students about curricula on hepatitis B for use in immigrant communitiesGloria D Coronado
Cancer Prevention Program, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
J Cancer Educ 23:161-6. 2008..English-as-a-second-language (ESL) classes are an effective way of reaching newly immigrated individuals and are a potential channel for delivering health messages...
- To be healthy and to live long, we have to exercise: psychosocial factors related to physical activity among Cambodian AmericansGloria D Coronado
Program in Cancer Prevention, Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave N, M3 B232, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
J Community Health 36:381-8. 2011..Data from this qualitative study could be used to inform the development of culturally-relevant physical activity survey measures and culturally-relevant physical activity interventions for Cambodian Americans...
- Tobacco knowledge and beliefs in Chinese American menKent K Hu
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 7:434-8. 2006..Chinese American men have relatively high smoking rates. However, there are limited data about the tobacco-related knowledge, attitudes, and beliefs of this racial/ethnic group...
- Hepatitis B and liver cancer beliefs among Korean immigrants in Western WashingtonJohn H Choe
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Cancer 104:2955-8. 2005..The report concludes with suggestions for future investigations to address the high rates of chronic HBV infection and hepatocellular cancer in this vulnerable population...